Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Photo & Graphic Designer MX + Designer Pro X (v8)

is there a way to turn off the optimisation of 24bit bitmaps ['photos'] when importing? - I can suppress the message about 'import reduced /import original' [on a session basis], but the message about 'this image would be better compressed as a JPG file' is not helpful to someone who don't use JPG files at all when drawing .. and worse, it appears to come in at 96dpi like it or not - the utilities > options > view 'import at dpi specified in the image file' does not seem to overide it - so I get greyscale [and index] still coming in at my standard 300dpi but 24bit resized to 96dpi - out of sync

I maybe can set all to come in at 96 dpi, but that is then going to make things out of sync when I export at 300dpi

this is not helpful [I think I already said that] - but maybe I am just missing something - any fixes to the program or my understanding gratefully received...

edit: I really do not want to have to manually resize in the program everytime....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

No, I don't you're missing anything. I've been running into it, too.

glad it's not just me

so, a registry fix mabye ......
    Nothing lasts forever...

I have not seen the alert but I don't import high resolution pngs because I don't ususally have them around.

My bitmap import settings are as shown in the attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bitmaps.png 
Views:	161 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	89484  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks for the Color Selector -- SO easy now to knock out a photo's sky, or change its color!

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Isn't that so cool! You can create dramatic skies by adjusting the hue of the blue sky then do a second colour selection and give the clouds a bit of extra sharpening to make them pop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hi Bill

same settings as mine - further use shows it does not always happen, so it may be to do with the info in the file [which will depend on how it was created I guess]

I see we can now lock the page resize - not a headline feature maybe but the end of a real pita - flyout bar operation better too
    Last edited by handrawn; 15 May 2012 at 07:30 AM. Reason: for some reason the <:-P [party] smile screws up post in my ffox
    Nothing lasts forever...

The Shape builder tool can be used as a Pen!!!! In the info it looked like you had to have an existing shape to start with.
    You have made me very happy indeed. This will be a godsend for all those Illustrations with small details that previously really aggravated my RSI with all the point pushing.

Many, many thanks!
    Huge Regards
    Dave

Just installed it, I am VERY happy to see Text Styles included with this release (if only I'd had that about 8 months ago when first doing the layout for Spookybeans), as well as the resizable Color Editor window, and the problem I was having getting guides to snap to a grid in Version 7 has thankfully disappeared. I'm sure I'll find many other nifty new things as I play around with it. And I'm glad to see there's finally an end to the endless Eraser debate.

One nitpick: Since version 7, I have not been able to manually enter a value in the Line Width field in the Line Gallery. The Line Width field on the Standard Toolbar works fine, but I'd like to be able to use either one to edit line width.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

nvm
    Last edited by rpc9943; 16 May 2012 at 01:46 PM.
    Ron Cavagnaro