Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Photo & Graphic Designer MX + Designer Pro X (v8)

Quote Originally Posted by BONES View Post
    It is just extending an existing feature............

Actually, I think this is a massive step backwards................

$100 a year is asking a lot and in this case seems to be delivering very little.
    Then don't upgrade. Move along now.

Bones - do you remember the dialog we had a while back where you were adamant that layers in xara were something you did not see the need to use?

says it all really
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I still don't use them and when I work with documents that import with multiple layers I find it hugely frustrating, to the point that I now routinely copy/paste everything down to one layer, then delete the rest. The ability to edit groups, introduced in the last version, makes them even less necessary than ever. On top of that, the changes to the Layer gallery make layers more annoying to work with, to boot. Of course, I only use Xara to earn a part of my living, for UI design or when clients require website or print work, and wouldn't have it open more than 4 or 5 hours a day, so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.
    Asus Zenbook Duo, 12th Gen Core i7, 16Gb RAM, Windows 11 (fully updated). bandcamp.novakill.com

I am sure you have a complete understanding of both why you need xara and why you don't need to upgrade, that's the point and no ones arguing against it - if the upgrade had been all web stuff I would not be upgrading I have never built a website with xara, or at all myself for 5 years or so, that's currently someone elses's job

[BTW: I believe you can tell xara in options to import everything into the same [active] layer: options > general tab > importing layers drop down menu - and select 'import layers into the active layer']
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes, but Im really disappointed that after waiting this long for this feature I still have to use Serif Draw X5 for doing true vector painting as it looks as if this does not allow painting with pen pressure which is really what you need for vector painting. Argghhh!! However it's something I guess and there are some other cool features here so I'll prob upgrade but miss the days when features came out that were better than what the competition has.

***Well after downloading the demo I see that pressure capability has been indeed included with this feature which is not shown in the example video or the "whats new" page for Pro X 8 so nice job Xara. So just ignore that previous rant.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    shape builder tool and shape eraser tool eh ? well I'll be @"*

who says you don't listen, thanks
    Last edited by sgiff; 23 May 2012 at 03:04 PM.

On board with the new version to Designer Pro X. Still no twain module after upgrade, after upgrade, after upgrade, after upgrade. It's the convience factor I'm after. I say the same thing about Illy. Still missing an easy curve tool, like the one in Corel Draw. I also ordered the manual for $30.00 plus shipping of $5.00 to the USA. More later, I'm just a user during nightime hours, on the golf course otherwise.

Hi Sgiff

it works with pen pressure for me - both builder and eraser - you need to activate it on the info bar, [just like with the freehand brush tool], by clicking on the 'enable/disable pressure recording' button [also make sure 'live drag is not disable if you want to see it in real time]
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes, I corrected my post right after I wrote it see above.

I've installed the trial but in the page and layer gallery I'm missing the layers. None of the layer operations is there. See the attached screenshot.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hello joto, I had a look at your .xar file and the layers all show and work for me. you mentioned a screenshot?? Anyway did you click the little arrow to the left of the thumbnail to expand to layer view?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.