Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Photo and Graphic Designer MX & Designer Pro X Released

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    It's because you've got to the US page and you've got VAT added to that.
    Sorry Antspants, that'll be my fault. Xara must have thought I was in the US when I copied the link from my browser.
    Thanks PeteS for correcting.
    Rich
    Authentic IT - Web Design and IT Consultancy, Penzance

Cool, so far. In testing it out, is there a way to remove just a "Section" of the white background say in a cartoon character without removing the whites in the eyes as well? If not, the upgrade would seem ... not what I'd be looking for. Thanks!
    Ron Cavagnaro

Quote Originally Posted by rpc9943 View Post
    ...is there a way to remove just a "Section" of the white background say in a cartoon character without removing the whites in the eyes as well?...
    Yes, you can apply a mask which allows you to choose which parts of the image are affected. Download the demo and check out the help section for that tool.

Rich
    Authentic IT - Web Design and IT Consultancy, Penzance

rpc - You can also create some simple white shapes and send them behind the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    rpc - You can also create some simple white shapes and send them behind the eyes.
    Well, yeah I know. I was just wondering if we had a "contiguous" "non-contiguous" kind of switch
    Ron Cavagnaro

Well the mask as Rich suggested is another way to do this. Or you could use a white that was not completely white for the eyes, but that would probably be spotty at best.

Have signed up to the new Pro X and everything is working brilliantly. The paragraph and character styles, the embedded graphics and the graphic bullets work a treat. Once there is automatic pages numbering and automatic contents generation I'll have everything I need for creating long documents and will be able to ditch Indesign. Incidentally, when I carefully logged into the Xara UK site and clicked the button to buy (£79) I was automatically sent to the US site. This might account for some of the pricing confusion raised in this thread. Anyway must return to play with the new software.
    Tony