Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Which software is the best to resize images and store as wished quality?

I wonder which software supports also automatic resize of images to example 200x200 and also store as quality images (example: web quality). Is this technically possible? Maybe you can help. As I understand WebDesigner software or other does not support this option.

Default Re: Which software is the best to resize images and store as wished quality?

Only Xara Designer Pro and Photo & Graphics Designer can import images automatically to a specified size in Options>>View>>Resize large imported images down to:

Default Re: Which software is the best to resize images and store as wished quality?

And format?

Sorry, not sure what you mean by 'format'.

Obviously if you are importing JPG photographs you will get JPG photographs in your document.
    Exporting the new sizes won't be any better quality than the originals, but compression can be set in image export options.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Sorry, not sure what you mean by 'format'.

Obviously if you are importing JPG photographs you will get JPG photographs in your document.
    Exporting the new sizes won't be any better quality than the originals, but compression can be set in image export options.
    I mean. Usually it is JPG and I have to transform to PNG with the quality 80% (Web optimum) and dpi as 70.

Standard Windows dpi is 96. Mac software default is/was 72 dpi. A quality setting is typical of a jpg image and indicates the amount of compression is applied.

As Sledger said you can use Xara Designer Pro or Xara Photo & Graphic Designer to import an image to a preset size and you can then export to a png format.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update