Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I just recieved my painter 5.5 disk and it's installed. Now my questions..lol
    I was doing Moyra's seamless tile tut and I just couldn't find the options she had on her brush palette.
    Then my whole system seemed to get very funky. My mouse was doing things all by itself. I shut down and rebooted and all seems well again. Is painter a memory hog?
    I use PhotoImpact all the time and it never did that to my system. Anyway, I'm ancious to get started, where's the best place to learn the program in baby steps?
    Can't wait to get to know all of you, you're a very talented bunch of people..
    IP

I just recieved my painter 5.5 disk and it's installed. Now my questions..lol
    I was doing Moyra's seamless tile tut and I just couldn't find the options she had on her brush palette.
    Then my whole system seemed to get very funky. My mouse was doing things all by itself. I shut down and rebooted and all seems well again. Is painter a memory hog?
    I use PhotoImpact all the time and it never did that to my system. Anyway, I'm ancious to get started, where's the best place to learn the program in baby steps?
    Can't wait to get to know all of you, you're a very talented bunch of people..
    IP

Hi Dawnre,
    Glad you are here. Painter is a memory hog but if I recall, 5.5 isn't near as bad as 6. If you are just getting started with Painter you are in for a trip. Enjoy the ride.
    There are several strings on this forum with references to or containing tutorials. Should you have any problems or questions I am sure some one here can help.
    Again, Enjoy the ride.
    Regards,
    Greg.
    IP

Are you using a pen and a mouse? Painter doesn't seem to like switching back and forth between the two. If you put the pen into it's holder or facing away from the screen when you want to use the mouse that often help.

My mouse will go wacky all of a sudden and Painter hasn't even been open.
    IP

Welcome!

I'm glad you finally got a copy of Painter to play with. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] It is so fun!

I have an old post that I need to update. It is a pseudo index of the posts in our forum.

I'll try and get that updated a bit more by wednesday the 20th.

Judi, Dawnre,

Y'all are making me feel very glad that I have an old artZII. I'm running win ME, and have a USB logitech ifeel mouse. They live in happy harmony with each other in Painter.

Are you sure you have the latest drivers?

just wondering.. ..

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Athena
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP