Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Resources for prototyping apps with adobe illustrator (trainings, videos, articles)?

Does anyone here know of any good trainings, videos, articles, instructions on wireframing and creating high-fidelity mockups in Illustrator? I'm also open to a list of trainers that specialize in this. I'm not finding much on the web - a lot of the focus in rapid prototyping seems to be with Fireworks but i know there's a strong community that uses Illustrator too! Thanks everyone.
    IP

Default Re: Resources for prototyping apps with adobe illustrator (trainings, videos, article

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I published several iPad apps last year using InDesign 5.5 and Adobe Digital Publishing Suite. If this is what you are asking about, then the attached may be of some help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Default Re: Resources for prototyping apps with adobe illustrator (trainings, videos, article

The reason most folk use fireworks is the ability to see your prototype working in any browser. Illustrator is a great tool for mock ups as you can use layers to build your prototype but unless you have the CS5 version with multiple artboards you can only export your pdf's in single pages and would need to use Acro Pro to develop it into multiple pages. Have a look at this tut it may help you make your mind up what tool to use: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2011...e-illustrator/

Since this is a Xara related site why not have a look and maybe download a trial of Web Designer MX here: http://www.xara.com/uk/products/webdesigner/
    You can use this programme to show your clients your work quickly and easily all you have to do is to publish your design as html without knowing any code host on some website and your clients can view it at there leisure.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP