Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New purchase Pro x4 Ultimate

Hi I'm a newbie!

I have just purchased the x4 pro Ultimate, the Corel software CD downloaded perfectly, no problem but am returning the Bonus Pack CD because it won't download, it says do I want to repair.... then when I say OK, it doesn't, so having spent £20 extra for nothing it's going back. I wondered if anyone else had had this problem.

Also I have been looking in the manual to see how to edit two photos side by side to use as comparison shots, I see how to make a collage, but that's not what I want, can anyone help with this, It would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Primrosegirl.
    IP

Default Re: New purchase Pro x4 Ultimate

I have not had that problem, but that doesn't help you much.
    Have you registered the software with Corel?
    Once you have done that, try downloading and installing the extras from the Corel website.

You could also email Corel UK and tell them you are not a happy person.
    http://www.corel.com/corel/pages/index.jsp?pgid=800145

To place 2 images side by side:
    Hit Ctrl+N for New Image> make it wide enough to hold both images, double the pixel size plus a bit extra should do it.
    You can see the size of an image at the bottom right, click on the image to put the focus on it first :-)
    Copy & Paste both images into the new image and use the Move Tool (M on your keyboard) to position them in place.
    For greater accuracy and with the Move Tool still active, use the Arrow keys to tap-tap them into place.
    When you are happy with the result you can either save the image as a .pspimage file, which means you can do more editing at a later stage without loss of quality, or Merge All and keep it as a .jpg file.

Hope this helps.

Grenou
    IP

Sorry to be so long in thanking you for your help Grenou! Chaotic life and so on!!
    I'm so grateful for your help with my little problem....I shall give it a go

Kind regards

Primrosegirl
    IP

I still have a problem with side by side photos...I open a new image and change the size to cover both photos, but when I click on one of the photos to put into the new image box, it totally fills it, and the other photo goes on top!! Where you said to copy and paste, I can't find an action to do this Grenou, it's driving me crazy!
    IP

Try this:
    Open the image that is wide enough to contain the 2 photos.
    This you can find out by checking the pixel size of the images, click on one of the images you want to copy, look at the bottom right of the workplace, it will show you the size in pixels.
    Do the same for the other image.
    Add the 2 widths + heights together and you will have the width + height of the new image you need for both photos, make it a tiny bit bigger (say 10 pixels) if you don't want the images to touch, so you have a tiny border between them.
    Then you can Copy & Paste.,
    Go to Edit>Copy of the photo you want to copy, this will place a copy of the it on the Clipboard.
    Then on the New Image: Edit>Paste. This will place the copy in the centre of the New Image.
    You don't want it there, so hit M (for the Move Tool) on your keyboard and Move the 1st image into place.
    Repeat with the 2nd image.
    When the M, for the Move Tool, is active you can use the Arrow Keys to fine-tune the placement of your images.

When you're happy with the result go to Layers>Merge>Merge All to flatten the image.

Grenou
    IP

Grenou, thanks for your patience but I can't do it....I'm giving up.... I am all at sea with it, maybe it's just too complicated for my stupid brain. I did what you said and it was very very clear, but when I asked to paste it asked if I wanted different paste options, and whatever I did it wouldn't put the photo on it, so that's it!! I will use it for simple tasks only
    Thanks Primrosegirl
    IP

Nah, never give up. Banging your head against that wall only changes the shape of your forehead
    Why not try with something small first.
    Open an existing image. anything will do.
    Click on the Selection Tool.
    Set the 'Selection type' to Rectangle and the 'Mode' to Add, 'Feather' to 0 and ignore the rest..
    Drag the tool acros your image, the size of a postage stamp is a good start.
    With the selection in place: go to Edit>Copy or use the keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+C
    Then Right-click somewhere in the Workspace and select Paste as a New Image from the menu that appears.
    Your selection is now a new image.
    Go to the image you have just applied a selection to: Ctrl key + D, this will Deselect the Selection. you no longer need that.

Start a new blank image: Ctrl key + N.
    In the box that appears, type in Width: 800 and Height 400, click OK.

Go the the newly selected image in your workspace, click on it and copy it, which is Ctrl+C.

Click on the new blank image.
    Go to Edit>Paste as a New layer, this will land on your image in the centre, this is by default, but you want to move it to the left, so the next image can sit next to it.
    Hit M on the keyboard for the Move Tool.
    Push the New Layer to the left.
    Copy your small image again.
    Paste it in the new blank image as before and move it into position using the Move Tool.
    The lightbulb moment will come!
    When you're happy with the small version you will be able to tackle the original problem :-)

Grenou
    IP

Youi are so patient with me!
    All was well til I got to this bit "Go to Edit>Paste as a New layer, this will land on your image in the centre, this is by default, but you want to move it to the left, so the next image can sit next to it." Then a box came up to say " The clipboard does not contain any visible data" So I'm obviously going wrong somewhere!!
    IP

Eureka!! That lightbulb moment has come! Thanks so much Grenou.
    IP

Well done!

Grenou
    IP