Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Can anyone identify this font?

If you look at the source code on the Moustache site, it refers to a style sheet at http://d297h9he240fqh.cloudfront.net...oject_page.css
    ...and, in the style sheet, there's a 'body' statement -- body{font-family:"Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif} -- that says, hey, folks, if you don't have Helvetica Neue, then show Helvetica; if you don't have Helvetica, then show Arial, and, if you don't have Arial, then show whatever your browser uses as a default sans-serif font.

Does this help? On my netbook, I see Arial, not having Helvetica Neue installed, and, being Windows, having Arial instead of Helvetica.

P.S. Four years later, am still put off Helvetica Neue -- we all had to use it at last job on a cellphone screen low-level design project, some idiot had specified it, and the company had to buy a zillion copies, when we could have used Arial Narrow. This wasn't highly graphical work, it was just blocking out where the different controls would go, and what would happen when keys were pressed. Aarghh!

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

OK now I am confused What I looked at in the source code was this link http://www.kickstarter.com/fonts/fonts.css which lists all the fonts and shows they are using @fontface which should embed them so you should be able to see them no matter what fonts you have installed and I don't have Helvetica Neue installed yet I see it ??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks for delving deeper into this, everyone. I use Firefox as my default browser, but decided to use IE, from where I got this screenshot of the website in question.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ie.png 
Views:	208 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	89374
    I then had a look in my options panel in Firefox to see what font it might be using for this site and the default settings show this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	firefox fonts.png 
Views:	214 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	89375
    So I am none the wiser. Which takes me back to my original question, what font is the website using? As far as I know, it's not on my system. (insert scratching head smiley here).
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I see the same as Frances.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

When you look at web pages, it's not just font substitution that makes a page non-standard.

It's the browser you're using and also the point size to which the font is being rendered to screen that determines its appearance to you.

A prime example I can share is on the Xara Xone. We use, for example, a typeface called "Latin Small", and because there is no hinting to the typeface, it doesn't look as good on the Web as it does on a page in Xara or in InDesign.

So there are at least three wild cards I can think of that can make Helvetica Neue look different to different users. By the way, the Helvetica Neue family has a reputation as the New Love for Macintosh users, and the family just is a nightmare to deploy in Windows 7. Mactintosh users view the font very differently than Windows users.

My Best,

Gary