Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Landscape

Inspired by Tao (think he is safe for a while [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ).

What do you think? I used 50% compression on the JPEG as I thought it might add something to the picute and I think it did.

Turan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	land.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	3021  

Inspired by Tao (think he is safe for a while [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ).

What do you think? I used 50% compression on the JPEG as I thought it might add something to the picute and I think it did.

Turan

Seems like Hobbittown might be just over the hill.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

The difference between what I assume is a very green and lush area (Northern Ireland) and a pretty dry and arid region (Austrailia).

Your landscape is more predominantly green.

But I state the obvious, no? Nice landscape Turan.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Turan -I for one would love to be sitting on that grass, staring at the water, contemplating life. In other words I like it alot. It's very real as opposed to Tao's surreal landscapes.

Gary- I assume you didn't see Lord of the Rings (marvelous movie btw) it was filmed in New Zealand. With all the hype of the movie, there was alot of publicity about filming in NZ because of the varied landscapes ... some of which look very much like Turan's landscape. I'd love to visit there some day.

Mickie

One thing that I have found that tends to make landscape renders look fake is the lack of background. You've got a very nice foreground, but it looks like the world ends right behind it. With a terrain such as this I can imagine tons of rolling hills behind it. Also the sky seems as though it is perpendicular to the ground when in reality it should be parallel. Give the sky some perspective w/ clouds becoming smaller the farther they are and maybe some atmospheric moisture.
    Nice pic!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

it looks to me like a place just outside of Christchurch in NZ. We all have different ways of doing things but one of the things I do is stay away from all closed edges. Play the opposites, have some edges open and some closed, run colors into each other so your viewers eyes have passages through the 'painting'. Make some colors pure and some nuetral, some cool and some hot put the opposites next to each other. Then it becomes visually exciting.Keep opposite edges different in shape. I find it difficult to make something look like the real thing so like Bill points out they are just impressions you make up your mind what you see. That way the viewers mind is engaged in your art work.....Tao

http://www.bodyworkposters.com

Thanks to all for your comments.

Steve - it's all relative, in Northern Ireland there are not miles and miles of hills [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] as for the sky your right, need to work on that one.

Tao, still a long way to go to get to that abstract look which is unique to you. I started to go down your route, by as with all tuts (I first looked at you tut on the Xone) I like to read a tut, close the book and try it. Rather than keep the book open and go page by page. When that theroy goes wrong it is very frustrating - when it goes right the art work has soemthing original form me in it.

Gary - As is the bad habit of mine, I did not set out to do a sharp contrast, just got lazy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] planting all those trees so stopped and said 'lets see what the team thinks' [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] .

Turan