Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi there,
    i'm new to this forum, my name is alice..from canada.
    i'd like to know what is the difference beween adobe imageready and adobe golive.
    thank you

Hi there,
    i'm new to this forum, my name is alice..from canada.
    i'd like to know what is the difference beween adobe imageready and adobe golive.
    thank you

I hope you find these forums very informative, as I do. I usually just check it out and read the other posts, but occasionally I even know an answer, such as for your question! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ImageReady has been part of Photoshop since version 5.5, but it could easily be it's own application. As a web designer, I use ImageReady about 10 times more than I use Photoshop! ImageReady is great for slicing an image, making rollover buttons, image maps, animated .gifs, etc.
    It has a lot of web functions, and I believe that is what it was designed for, as a web design tool.
    All the plug-ins for Photoshop are available when you are using ImageReady, but you can easily switch from Photoshop to ImageReady while working on a file. I am still using Photoshop 5.5, so I'm not sure what new bells and whistles are available in the newer versions. I still have a lot to learn about 5.5!

GoLive is a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get)web design program. You can layout webpages by importing images, creating tables, typing in text, etc. and never have to learn any HTML. However, if you are interested in web design, you would do well to first learn some basic HTML, to help when the WYSIWYG can't seem to get it right. I do not use a WYSIWYG editor personally, so I will not try to convince you that one is better than another. However, I do know there is a pretty steep learning curve to really become proficient in GoLive. Macromedia's Dreamweaver is another WYSIWYG that a lot of people swear by, as is NetObject Fusion (I think that's what it's called), and both are supposed to be easier than GoLive.
    For more info on ImageReady and GoLive I'm sure you can go to Adobe's site and find a more thorough description than I have given.

Also, if you're just trying to find a good program for making web pages, Xara has some great products as well, as long as you use a PC and not a Mac.

Hope this helps. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Gary V.

"I'm not an artist, but I play one on the internet!"
    "I'm not an artist, but I play one on the internet!"