Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Internal Program Error Driving Me Nuts!

Hi,

I'm using Web Designer Premium 7 (on Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit) and have just begun getting an "Internal Program Error 1414.k.No.ar." when trying to duplicate a page. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this error (and what the error msg means) would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Eric

Default Re: Internal Program Error Driving Me Nuts!

Welcome to TalkGraphics - Don't feel singled out or anything. I happens to old users too.

Try saving your document then shutting down and re-opening the document and see if that helps.

And it never hurts to close down WD and then right click on the program icon and select Run as Administrator. This often cures a multitude of problems. You only need to do this one time and it will either work or it won't.

Thanks for the greeting and help/suggestions Gary - really appreciated. Unfortunately, running as administrator didn't help. As a side note, as this has been happening since installing Web Designer (v6 & 7), upon start up I get the error message that WD is unable to make the file (type) association because of insufficient priviledges - even though I have started up WD "as administrator". Am wondering if this is more of a Windows 7 (and/or 64 bit OS) problem. Anyway - THANK YOU again for your help!

Eric

I was having a problem with XDP7 on Windows 7 pro, starting up kept asking me if I wanted to make .web files default - clicking stop asking wouldn't help, hints kept showing up and even when I clicked don't show them any more, stuff like that.

What I did was run the installer as administrator, even though I use an administrator account by right clicking it and then I selected the Repair installation and ran it. Didn't have the problem any more.

Might work for WD7 also...
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com

Thank you Chris - your help and insight very much appreciated too. I tried the reinstall as you suggested but the REPAIR icon was grayed out so I had to completely remove then re-install the program. I ran the installer as Administrator but am still having the exact same problems. In the meantime, I've found a work-around by copying all objects of a given page then creating a new page and pasting the objects into the new page - for my purposes it'll work until a solution is found. I've also submitted a support ticket to XARA an am awaiting a reply.

Thanks again for your help!

Eric

I have a suggestion you can try, but no guarantees.
    Uninstall, and when starting the auto-install, click to
    open the folder (view files) instead of autorun.

Then inside the folder right click on setup.exe and
    instead of run as administrator do this...

Troubleshoot compatibility and use suggested mode
    which defaults to XP with Service Pack 2 installed.

This has helped me while installing older software on
    Windows 7 and not just Xara/Magix software either.
    I have had to do this for a lot of the software that I
    have installed simply because MOST software is NOT
    64 bit, but 32 bit and I see no push for any change.

When you close the Compatibility checker it will throw
    an error, but simply ignore it. The install should go ok.

Hope this helps.

This is a year old thread.

The error has come up a few times and has been traced in most cases to the navbar.
    Make a backup copy of the navbar and delete the original from every webpage and then paste the copied version back on to the index page and repeat on all pages.