Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default handwriting fonts

I remember seeing somewhere here at tg some free handwriting fonts to DL but cant seem to locate them any ideas?

Scruffy
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Default Re: handwriting fonts

There was a package of fonts being offered by Xara for a time.

www.DaFont.com has a large selection of handwritten fonts http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=603 Most are free, some ask for a donation, and a few have use restrictions.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

There are also some nice handwritten fonts at Fontsquirrel.com And the nice thing about these is that they are all free for commercial use and they provide the license information right there for easily checking to make sure it is suitable for the use you have in mind before downloading. If you are using either Designer Pro X or Web Designer MX premium Font Squirrel fonts are embeddable in your website designs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I'm moving this thread to the fonts etc. forum.

I have located on my back up drive (since the post) the ones here at tg i think posted by Gare called handfonts20 (cant find it though still at tg) but DPX asks for an index when i try to import? Any ideas? the zip file does not seem to have one

scruffy
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

The 20 handwriting fonts were a special giveaway from SoftMaker and Xara and they were available for a limited time for those that had purchased Xara software. While Gare I'm pretty sure participated in the discussion that we had here at TG about the fonts, the fonts were never posted here at TG. The offer was distributed by e-mail.

If you downloaded the fonts from the link in the e-mail that Xara sent out you should be able to unzip the fonts and install them in your windows font file. You can't install them through Xara's font Gallery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    The 20 handwriting fonts were a special giveaway from SoftMaker and Xara and they were available for a limited time for those that had purchased Xara software. While Gare I'm pretty sure participated in the discussion that we had here at TG about the fonts, the fonts were never posted here at TG. The offer was distributed by e-mail.

If you downloaded the fonts from the link in the e-mail that Xara sent out you should be able to unzip the fonts and install them in your windows font file. You can't install them through Xara's font Gallery.
    What she said. However you will be just as well off downloading the free ones you like from http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/list/style/Handdrawn or http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=603
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

thanks

You can also check: Fontm.com for more than 400 handwritten fonts.