Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Celexa

Default Celexa

I am 99% positive that this is a freeware font. I looked at the code in FontLab, it was created in 200 by someone called "apostrophe" who explicitly mentioned in the file that it's freeware, so here goes.

I made an OpenType copy and hopefully since it's free, the creator won't mind. A nice headline font, I feel, well drawn, too.

And I didn't change the name. The creator actually named this font after an anti-depressant!

My Best,

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Celexa

Thanks Gary, for this nice contribution to our Fonts Gallery.

I have given this font it's own thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Barbara corrected me: I shouldn't have posted this font because it's not mine.

But in my defense, I tried for about 1/2 hour this morning with both Bing and Google to find "Apostrophe", the named creator within the font code (you can search the internals of a typeface with FontLab)...and no luck. It would have been better if the fellow or gal had used a real name and provided contact info. apostrofe at mail.com draws a 404 error, the only contact info within the font, dated 2002, ten years ago.

So I considered it free to share, considering apostrophe put this in the font:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apostrophe.jpg 
Views:	646 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	88897

If anyone has a problem with this font being on tg, I wouldn't be bent at all if we wanted to remove it here.

It's just a really, really nice font that's been kicking around in my collection for a decades, and because it is so well designed, I'd thought, "Hey, Gare. Share it."

End of line :)

Gary

Gare, I was looking at this earlier and I like it. Thanks, I hope there will be no problem since it looks like you did your detective work. Good job.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks, Larry. Hopefully in the future if we find a totally orphaned typeface, we'll have established a way and a route to be able to offer it without encumbrance.

It is a nice typeface. And free as far as the legend goes, so enjoy!

-g-

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

If anyone has a problem with this font being on tg, I wouldn't be bent at all if we wanted to remove it here.
    I think we will keep it in the collection unless "Apostrophe" comes forward and asks to have it removed. It is indeed a nice font and I sure it will be useful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Barbara (as usual) found a link and I've tried to contact the author. Their sight is highly opinionated and slightly political, but their attitude doesn't stray into anything obscene or anything. So if you don't want my Opentype version and we want to go legit here, don't download from my link, but instead from here>>>

>>> Celexa, the prescription version <<< .

-g-