Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Please can we have an Android (or iOS) version of Xara

Check out the following app in the Google app store.

It's called Simplector Pro (there is also a free version).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...editor.app.pro

Active developer always adding new features... And let's you import and export SVG files!

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by dutchim View Post
    Check out the following app in the Google app store.

It's called Simplector Pro (there is also a free version).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...editor.app.pro

Active developer always adding new features... And let's you import and export SVG files!

Richard
    I have an LG Mach, ICS 4.0.4, with a slide-out qwerty keyboard and used "Xara3D5" on my PC to create animated logos and banners for my various organizations, e-mails and cards. I rarely use my touchscreen, but prefer to type out whatever I need. It would be really nice to be able to use my fonts from other apps, homemade wallpapers for textures, various bevels and rotation options to create new work on-the-go. Trying to find anything that even remotely matches that on Google Play has been an exercise in frustration. I just spent over an hour searching for the equivalent and turned up nothing that even came close, with the same easy-to-use interface, intuitive tools and so many choices. With the hardware specifications and operating systems of modern handsets exceeding older desktop PCs by multiple factors, it shouldn't be so difficult for Xara to do.

If you can get ahold of Adobe Ideas APK for Android, you can have a really good vector app. I've been able to save files to the cloud, open them in Illustrator and paste them into Xara.

The drawback is that Adobe killed Ideas so it doesn't look quite right in the font sizes, but if you know where everything is, it's a minor inconvenience.

In an ideal world, I'd like Xara to make their version of Adobe Ideas that saved to the cloud/dropbox/google drive/ or whatever.
    Sheff
    My Site

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I'd like to add my wish for a xara android app. I'd like to see support for stylus like the s pen and the ability to save a .xar file. I could see it being a very useful tool for doing quick layouts on the road and saving to dropbox then once back home dragging and dropping into my main version of DP for finishing up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

FYI Adobe Ideas will not run on a Galaxy Note Pro.
    Sheff
    My Site

I am looking at Brad Colbow Youtube reviews of devices like Galaxy S Tab 7 etc with Wacom enabled digitisers- S-Pens and high-resolution displays and stuff like Procreate and just wishes XARA was ahead on the game - stop letting Apple grab all the fun for designers.

Just tracing would be awesome - I do a lot of it.
    Connecting the TAB to your PC and using it as a digitiser is also possible.

Feels like it's time for Xara to announce what it's been working on in the Android world behind closed doors!

XARA PAD Where are you?

Anybody there ..... hello?

I recently enquired whether Xara Designer Pro+ would run on the soon to launch CloudPC. Here is the reply.

“Unfortunately it's too early for us to give a definitely yes it will work on a cloud PC, however personally I don't see any reason that it shouldn't. We will certainly need to do some work on our licensing and activation to ensure it works smoothly with cloud computers. We'll certainly keep you informed of any changes”

I assume (as a non techie) this would mean iOS, Android would both be viable platforms?

Quote Originally Posted by peter walder View Post
    I recently enquired whether Xara Designer Pro+ would run on the soon to launch CloudPC. Here is the reply.

“Unfortunately it's too early for us to give a definitely yes it will work on a cloud PC, however personally I don't see any reason that it shouldn't. We will certainly need to do some work on our licensing and activation to ensure it works smoothly with cloud computers. We'll certainly keep you informed of any changes”

I assume (as a non techie) this would mean iOS, Android would both be viable platforms?
    I hadn't heard of this at all until you posted here.

Then I read this: https://www.zdnet.com/article/micros...y-this-summer/

So probably.

I wouldn't get too excited because mobile apps are made for a touch experience while Xara is not.

We shall see.