Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Challenge?

Thanks for the tip, Ross.

I went to the test forum and attached the image. It shows up in my post as an attachment (drockale.xar) 153kb...but no image.

When you click on the attachment it loads, but you just get the image icon and no image.

I dunno...

I'm off to the College World Series for the day, so everyone have a nice weekend.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

You're right - .xar's don't display. You should export from Xara a jpg or gif and upload that. It will display in your posting. Please try to keep the maximum size of your jpeg's/gif's practical. 550 to 600 pix wide seems to work well.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Well, duh...I suppose a gif would work "slightly" better! LOL.

Here we go...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drockale.gif 
Views:	571 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	19880  

Disregarding all the "other" errors in the image...

The foam looks awfully flat...and not in the stale beer kinda way. It could use a little depth for sure.

'til Monday...

but I agreed with Gary... the foam needed some more depth. I wasn't looking to make the foam itself "shiny", I've seen some pretty dull foam in my day, but the rest of the compostition needed to be done right and the bubbles were done completely over incorporating really small ones with the larger ones, scattered all over the place.

I also realize that the foam is really wild looking but it was meant to be that way.

I also leaned quite a bit from this. Like the use of bitmap copies to create the reflections of the object instead of trying to clone the original and flipping it and adding linear too it, that always ended up a mess. The Bitmap copy, flipped, (with alpha applied) with linear or eliptical (which I used here) added the effect that I wanted and kept the file size way down!!!

This was fun but now I have to really get serious and finish this angel of mine!!!!

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Name:	Foam_on_a_Fancy_Beer_Glass_Small.jpg 
Views:	500 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	12013  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I don't drink beer, but thought I'd attempt to simulate foam.

Soquili

Name:	beerfoam.jpg 
Views:	465 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	590  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Name:	beer2.jpg 
Views:	427 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	18303  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

I wanted to just update my image as it needed some work but couldn't swap the images as it has been over 60 minutes since I last checked in... so here's the new version....have another!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Crow Haven on June 14, 2002 at 19:18.]

Name:	beer5a.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	2404  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Maya's image looks like fresh draft beer that was just poored. You can even see where it is still settling in the mug. NICE!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

All the images are really good, enjoyed this one more than I thought I would [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I still aint doing no stinkin' pizza challenge though [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

anyone gets hungry....here's some pizza too! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Name:	beernpizza1.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	12417  
    -Mark Twain