Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Challenge?

... beer/foam in this thread, making me thirsty!

Splendid pizza too Maya. The best pizza I ever had was in the US and it was only tomato and cheese.

Hmm I'm not really a cider drinker, we get something called Scrumpy here which is very strong cider. My other half is very partial to what is called black velvet, which is a mixture of Guiness and cider. Pretty potent stuff by all accounts.

Raspberry beer ... sounds interesting. What colour does it come out pink or red?

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Thanks!!! Great to hear from you again!!! The drink mixture your other half likes, "Black Velvet", sounds interesting! The raspberry beer looks like red wine almost---deep red---and very yummy, there isn't a lot of alcohol taste so one has to be careful not to drink too much of it as it tastes soooo good. There is only one bistro in town which sells it only by the glass at $5 a drink, it is from Belgium...but it is a great treat! The Blue Heron Bistro also makes wonderful raspberry tortes for dessert that go with it perfectly (the lemon ones are yummy too)....gees, this is making me hungry!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

... Maya. Hmm sounds yummy. Yep making me feel hungry too, although at around 5:40 in the morning it's a little early for sweets. Have to make do with toast.

Thanks for the info, we drink another Belgium beer called Hogaarden (I think I've spelt that right). It is a white beer which looks cloudy, and is very nice. Had a quick look around the web and found all sorts of other beers, such as strawberry, banana and blackberry. Even a potato beer/ale, not sure about that one. There is also a kiwi beer/ale ... might be a little strange - green beer!

Also a recipe for raspberry beer tart ... have to stop there my stomach is rumbling now.

Regards

Su

[This message was edited by Su Lawrence on June 15, 2002 at 22:02.]
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

raspberry beer tart!!! Su, if you happen to remember where you saw that recipe I'd love to check into it!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I love to bake treats!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

It's a done deal Maya, here's the url: http://celebrator.com/9708/BRITFOOD.html. Let me know how it comes out, if you try it. Might give this one a go myself if I can find any raspberry beer.

After checking the site again I see they were tartlets rather than a tart, but I expect you could probably make one big one anyway.

Regards

Su

[This message was edited by Su Lawrence on June 15, 2002 at 22:48.]

I will check it out and see what I can do with it--will let you know how it works out, it really sounds delicious!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Thanks again!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain