Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Challenge?

Hybrid View

Default A Challenge?

I've seen several excellent images regarding beer mugs, wine/champagne glasses, cans etc., but have noticed some difficulty in coming up with realistic beer foam.

I know *I* can't do it, but this forum has numerous amazing artists on it, and I wondered if a challenge might be thrown down to see who can come up with some great foam! I did see an image by RUSS-USSR that had some amazing foam, both on top of a glass and inside a bottle. I'd love to see "the pros" go for it, as I've had great difficulty in trying to recreate realistic foam.

Or perhaps even more difficult, how about some condensation on a can of pop or beer?

If these topics have already been hammered out, I apologize in advance.

I enjoyed your drawing and all the others' too!!! Actually, I only occasionally have these "staples". I guess there were times when beer was much safer to drink than water and you'd stand a better chance of staying well consuming it...gees! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ross Macintosh:

Ever since I drew the http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...9&m=2971970301 I've wanted to revise the pic so the pool was filled with beer - for the ultimate office! I tried but failed to do it convincingly. Perhaps from this thread I'll get some good pointers and I can refill the pool. I'd like that.

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very nice ;-). I wonder how is it possible that I've missed this one [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

You don't need a "site" to upload from. You can include attachments in your postings. You do so by checking the 'option' found below the 'instant graemlins' when you are composing your message.

Go to the test forum and try it out. With the option checked, when you click the "Post Now" button you'll find a page will load that allows you to browse your drives for an image to upload. That's how almost every image in these forums is uploaded.

It is possible to use the "Image" button in the "Instant UBBCode" section - that does require the image to be on a webserver somewhere. Very few participants use that approach.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I've seen several excellent images regarding beer mugs, wine/champagne glasses, cans etc., but have noticed some difficulty in coming up with realistic beer foam.

I know *I* can't do it, but this forum has numerous amazing artists on it, and I wondered if a challenge might be thrown down to see who can come up with some great foam! I did see an image by RUSS-USSR that had some amazing foam, both on top of a glass and inside a bottle. I'd love to see "the pros" go for it, as I've had great difficulty in trying to recreate realistic foam.

Or perhaps even more difficult, how about some condensation on a can of pop or beer?

If these topics have already been hammered out, I apologize in advance.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

You're right - .xar's don't display. You should export from Xara a jpg or gif and upload that. It will display in your posting. Please try to keep the maximum size of your jpeg's/gif's practical. 550 to 600 pix wide seems to work well.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Styrofoam! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

I'm not surprised a thread like this would have appeal!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Maya, Excellent.
    Oddly enough, that is exactly what I had for supper last night.
    Mike

Ross, I've heard and read some negetive things about the health effects of diet drinks and too much soda pop/colas. The time for beer never ended!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I've also had beer made from raspberries-----really delicious!!! I like hard cider as well...you can tell country life has gotten to me!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Nice beer glass too, Derek!!!

[This message was edited by Crow Haven on June 15, 2002 at 17:04.]
    -Mark Twain