Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Forward & Back triggers for a popup

Greetings all.

I'm creating a project which I'd like to employ some 'back/ forward' trigger buttons allowing an image scroll (6 to 7 images). Once the user stops at an image of interest, clicking it will launch a larger image popup window. See attached jpg.

At this initial brainstorming & design stage, I'm not sure if Xara would be the best vehicle for this endeaver. Hopefully it is. Any and all suggestions along with alternate solutions are welcomed.

Thnx.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara_project.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	88566
    I'd give my right hand to be ambidextrous!

Default Re: Forward & Back triggers for a popup

I accomplished something similar to what you are taking about in my WD MX review http://www.xaraxone.com/tutorials/xa...-first-look/2/

I'll have a look and get back.

You can do it with pop up layers. Pop up layers can link to other pop up layers.

Not sure about the automatic buttons, unless you place a copy of the button on the next pop up layer which will give the impression of the button being the same.

My mind is a bit fuzzy (more so than usual) this morning but with a bit of creative ingenuity, I am pretty sure you can accomplish this.

I tried one of the slide show widgets but you cannot link to a pop up layer so that will not work.

Play around with it and I am certain you will get it to work and you will feel like you have really accomplished something.

Thnx Gary.

I agree. Having given it some thought beforehand, the pop-up route would my first stab at it.

The whole button trigger action leans more towards a 'behavior' discipline as one would find in Dreamweaver, Flash or some other scripting approach. I'd like to steer away from that; reason being I'm not keen on coding. CorelDraw and Xara are the 'apples of my eye' blended with Photoshop. That's my foundational armament.

I'll definetely pursue this.
    I'd give my right hand to be ambidextrous!

Here's what I came up with. It kind of works but needs more thought.

It was created in WD MX but will work in WD7 after the message that the document was created in a newer version.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gwpriester; 05 April 2012 at 05:18 PM.