Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default index_htm_files folder duplicating

Hi

After splitting up my website into 2 documents - main pages & gallery pages, every time I export the main pages another index_htm_ files folder with all the files is duplicated inside the first one. No problem exporting the gallery pages.

Anyone any idea why?

Richy

Default Re: index_htm_files folder duplicating

Hi Richy

The second folder may be a previous publish attempt exported to the index_htm_files folder in error. As a quick cure all export to an empty folder, delete the server files and re-export. Don't forget to clear your browser cache [Ctrl+f5] when viewing on line for the first time.

Cheers Drwyd

Problem cured.

Richy

If you split your site into two, then your second index.htm (or htmll) and index_htm (or html)_files folder should be in the gallery folder.

You cannot have two index files or two index_html_files folder in your root directory.

Hi gwpriester

The gallery folder does have it's own index_htm_ files folder and as I said there was no problem with that, it was when I exported the main pages document to a folder created in Explorer called 'main pages'. The problem is cured now as it seems that I exported outside that folder once and (after changes) when I exported to the 'main page' folder again WD7 somehow ,don't ask me how, picked up the files outside the folder and duplicated them inside the proper index_htm_files folder. I deleted the exported files sitting outside the 'main page' folder and all is well now.

Richy

Glad you got it sorted. We all make mistakes like this.