Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WD6 Pages Jump When Navigating

Xara Web Designer Websites

Is there a way to stop the pages from "jumping" or "jiggling" when navigating between pages? Once the browser has been to the page the transition is smooth but I would like to be able to avoid the initial "jumping".

Thanks!
    Monica

Default Re: Pages Jump When Navigating

I believe this happens when pages are different depths. So, perhaps make all your pages the same length?

Darn, I thought there might be an html code or something that would fix it. Having all of the pages the same length is not very practical for the sites already created. Thank you for your advice!

Monica

Hi Monica.

I have a web site that has different length pages.
    I don't see any "jumping" as you describe it?

So, I'm not sure what you mean?

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Here is an example: http://www.metroholistic.com

When I navigate from page to page then new page jiggles horizontally for a fraction of a second before settling. When I revisit the pages they are fine (because they are in my browser's cache, correct?)

I see what you mean, but can't see any reason for it. It's does it in both Firefox and IE. Is it possible to post the file or is it too big? Does it also do it when previewing?

Jim

You should have warned me that I would be instantly assaulted by an officious voice when I followed the link.

I am sure there is a good reason to have that voice start up on page load, but I for one find that offensive and will be off a page like that the second I hear the voice. The page is about healing art, not hearing aids.

I have also noticed this "jumping" behavior on a number of xara designed websites that others have posted. I've also seen it on some of the websites that I have created with web designer. I find the behavior quite annoying and it takes away from the professionalism of the website. It would be nice to find out the cause of it. Hopefully someone from Xara will stop by and help in troubleshooting this problem.

gwpriester - sorry about the audio assault - just playing around with that. Traditionally I do not put any sound on a website but this is an experiment. Let me know if you need your hearing healed.

I hope the jiggling is resolved because most of the Xara websites I have created have this problem. I will keep checking in.

okay - maybe not "most" of the xara websites ... http://monicaswebsitedesign.com/portfolio.htm