Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Twitter feed on home page - can you limit it to last 2-3 posts plse

Went to blastcasta and got the following code - but that seems to produce an unlimited stream of msgs. Is it possible to mod it so it only displays last say 2-3 msgs plse - i assume i need to make a box and then attach the code to the box?? Pls can someone walk me thro it - pretty plse!

<div style="border-style: none;border-width: 0;border-color: #FFFFFF;overflow: visible;"><div id="newsblock71089303" style="word-wrap: break-word; padding: 5px; background-color: #FFFFFF;">
    <!-- DO NOT ALTER, REMOVE, OR IN ANY WAY TRY TO HIDE THE FOLLOWING TAG OR ITS CONTENTS OR BLASTCASTA WILL NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY. --><div align="center" style="font-size: 8pt;"><br /><a href="http://www.blastcasta.com/" style="text-decoration: none; color: #0000CC;" target="_top"><b>Get Your Twitter Widget</b><br />Powered by BlastCasta</a></div>
    </div></div>

<script id="scrnewsblock71089303" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript"> /* <![CDATA[ */
    setTimeout('document.getElementById(\'scrnewsblock 71089303\').src = (document.location.protocol == \'https:\' ? \'https\' : \'http\') + \'://www.poweringnews.com/newsjavascript.aspx?feedurl=http%3A//twitter.com/hguhradio&maxitems=-1&showfeedtitle=0&showtitle=1&showdate=1&showsumma ry=1&showauthor=0&showactionsbox=0&showrsslink=0&s howcopyright=1&opennewwindow=0&inheritstyles=0&bgc olor=%23FFFFFF&titlefontsize=10&summaryfontsize=10 &fontfamily=Arial%2CHelvetica&titlecolor=%230000CC &summarycolor=%23000000&sepstyle=none&sepcolor=%23 A0A0A0&objectid=newsblock71089303\'', 500);
    /* ]]> */ </script>

Default Re: Twitter feed on home page - can you limit it to last 2-3 posts plse

goto blastasta and change the drop down menu labeled "max Headlines" to the amount of tweets you need to display then grab the code - hope this works - i dont use blastcasta i get my twitter widget direct from twitter - cheerz

Tx trukkerz - went to your twitter widget link and see what u mean - real cool

thanks - and its really easy to set up

This is daft - hav got the twitter feed on my test site ok but can't select it to move/delete it - how do i get at it - i can't find its 'box' when using selector. its looks gr8 but its in the wrong place!

Also, the other html bits show a box with 8 squares, even if you can't see the stuff 'inside' so its a bit hit and miss to know the size of the exported visible box, but at lest i can manipulate them - is it possible to make them more 'visible' ie know the size of the exported box?

Also if you want to change the html in a box how do you get at it?

Also, how did you guys know what my website was - i'm intrigued!

did you just copy the code then paste html placeholder ??? what i always do is draw a rectangle and right click on it - web properties - placeholder - then paste the code it the html body part .

not sure why you cant see the paceholder to move it though - goto top menu - window - quality - outlines see if you can see it like that and move it - to go back to normal go to window - quality - very high quality

Tx for the outlines - v helpful - but still not picking up the twitter [but does show other bits i'm playing with]
    And yes, i thought i did make a box and paste into it, but as its not showing perhaps i didn't - but i can't get rid of it as it only shows up in the export/preview mode and not in the 'editing' one - weird - could it be anything to do with layers or something do you think? Don't know what i've done - it was entirely by accident and i'm ususally very careful with a labile situation like this?

make sure all layers are visible and not locked - it could be on a layer that is locked - i do it all the time lol

only showing mouse over/mouse locked/page background - all unlocked!! I'm stumped

can you upload your .web file then i can have a look see what you have done