Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Download button from MX upgrade purchase page delivers plain MX, and more problems

Hi

Am in the middle of something here, and don't dare do anything else without advice.

Purchased an upgrade from Web Designer Premium 7 to Web Designer MX Premium (8).

On order confirmation page, it gives a download link. I clicked it, because I hadn't downloaded the trial.

The download begins, but apparently to regular Web Designer, ie not the Premium.

I thought, "oh well, perhaps it will differentiate the versions, at registration". Tried to put my serial number in, and it is rejecting it.

So I seem to have the wrong version of the program, from the wrong trial download on the purchase confirmation page OR something is wrong with my key.

I would guess the former. Tried to raise Xara, but the person I need to speak to is away from his desk. It's launch day. Will be hard.

If you were me would you uninstall this program, whatever it is, and try again from the download page?

Thanks.

Ali

Default Re: Download button from MX upgrade purchase page delivers plain MX, and more problem

I mean try again from the regular download page, and not the download given in the order email.

Default Re: Download button from MX upgrade purchase page delivers plain MX, and more problem

Quote Originally Posted by Artyboots View Post
    I mean try again from the regular download page, and not the download given in the order email.
    Hello

Just heard from Xara. The download button from the MX Premium upgrade purchase confirmation page links to the wrong version - to the regular MX trial. It is being changed.

So I've uninstalled that, downloaded the correct program from the Xara downloads, and am good to go.

Decided to take the day off. I cannot fight this......... Gotta go play.

Ali