Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Default Re: Web Designer MX (v8) Just Launched

Thanks

Just downloaded and bought the upgrade, but I've forgotten (again!), what the magic keystrokes are to switch from dark grey menus etc. to light grey. I've also forgotten how to switch the right-click behaviour of the colour bar so that it changes the line colour rather than bringing up a context menu.

Can someone remind me what they are?

Many thanks.

Edit: Found the line colour option, Utilities|Options|View, change "Right-click on colour" to "Set line colour".

Edit2: Found the magic keystrokes, they're Shift-Ctrl-Alt-S.
    Last edited by timhines; 26 May 2012 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timhines View Post
    Just downloaded and bought the upgrade, but I've forgotten (again!), what the magic keystrokes are to switch from dark grey menus etc. to light grey.
    CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+S

Remember though, that this is not officially supported by Xara and you may experience some display anomalies.

This was a great information, I am actually novice in this kind of Software and since this is my first time to have this I would actually try this for additional knowledge.Is there a free trial version that we can download that we can try at home. ?

See Post #1 of this thread

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpup187 View Post
    Ok, now I am even more confused. I thought what I was looking at in Web Designer MX Premium was the upgrade to Designer Pro 7. So does this mean Xara will soon come out with a new program that includes features of both the Web Designer & Graphic Designer as they did with ver 7? Should I wait?
    Wolf, I made the same mistake and upgraded to WD before DP-7 came out and Xara credited me for the cost.

And I had been planning on upgrading to this new program and would have done so until I read this thread and realized that - again - this was not an upgrade to DP-7. Sometimes I think Xara is trying to muddy the waters with their program names. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Quote Originally Posted by lemuelmayers View Post
    This was a great information, I am actually novice in this kind of Software and since this is my first time to have this I would actually try this for additional knowledge.Is there a free trial version that we can download that we can try at home. ?
    Perhaps you have bumped your head and have a bit of concussion lemuelmayers cos looking at your homepage it appears you are actually an expert.

just wanted to ask... with the new WDMX does it let you list headings as H1, H2 ect... something I can't seem to do with WD7P

Yes

But then you could find that out yourself by making use of the 30 day trial, no?

I've just bought the upgrade but the email confirmation says I've only bought the trial? Surely i've bought the upgrade rather than just spent £40 on a 30 day trial?