Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Web Designer MX (v8) Just Launched

Quote Originally Posted by gsthunder View Post
    From what I can see it wouldn't matter if you did remember. The login page won't let you enter the e-mail and password info. I can login to support but not my account.
    Hi, were you using IE9? There was a temporary problem which was promptly resolved so please do try again

Many thanks

Sorry about that gsthunder, the login problem is now fixed. It was IE9 only I think.
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

Text styles - worth the price alone.

Great upgrade!

What does "MX" stand for?

Media Exchange - something magix do - I think

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    Hi, were you using IE9? There was a temporary problem which was promptly resolved so please do try again

Many thanks
    Nope, IE8 and IE8 compatibility mode. I just tried it again and still going on. I click on the fields to enter the info and the text cursor is there for a blink of an eye then gone. You can not type any info in nor paste any in( e-mail field or password field ).

No tables. Bummer!

Looks like this enhancement to NavBar Editing was made though.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?50473-Navigation-Bar-Enhancement

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post

Many thanks
    Didn't work in Firefox as of yesterday either...

I just tried to upgrade to V8 MX to be told the following: (translated via Google Translate from German)

Your access, we unfortunately had to temporarily close due to payment problems.
    To clarify this issue, please contact customercare@magix.net

In the top corner was "Fehler - On Blacklist!"

Doesn't inspire confidence, think I'll stick with V7 Pro.

Jeff :-(

Quote Originally Posted by pbready View Post
    Anyone else think the upgrade prices are high? For someone who's upgraded thru the various versions of Web Designer, Xtreme or whatever (and before then from Artworks and Impression, with elements of the latter apparently sneaking gradually into the new products - when are we going to have master pages?), it seems it would be cheaper to walk in as a new customer rather than a longstanding one who has invested a lot over the years. Or am I mistaken?
    I'm with pbready ... trying to stay current with WD is starting to encroach on Adobe territory. While a very good program, tapping existing customers approximately fifty USD every time the program's updated is starting to get very, very old ... and very, very expensive. Many of the features being touted as new items should've been in the product to begin with. It feels like Xara is expecting long-time customers to underwrite the growth of their company, when someone who buys now is getting the same product for a hundred bucks that we now have paid multiples of that for. For those of us who've been with this program since the beginning, a much more affordable upgrade path should be in place, if only as reward for being there as long as we have. I can remember Xara touting the affordability of WD when it first came out. That disappears when you tap customers fifty bucks a year to upgrade a program that's been missing key, elemental features since its debut.