Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Web Designer MX (v8) Just Launched

Thanks Kate!
    Really pleased to hear about the text styles feature. Looking forward to it being included in the next version of XDP.
    Rich

I haven't tried the new Web Designer MX yet but looking at the list of new features and improvements (thanks also to Gary Priester's tutorial) I would like to congratulate the dev team! It looks like a significant upgrade. Thanks guys!

Anyone else think the upgrade prices are high? For someone who's upgraded thru the various versions of Web Designer, Xtreme or whatever (and before then from Artworks and Impression, with elements of the latter apparently sneaking gradually into the new products - when are we going to have master pages?), it seems it would be cheaper to walk in as a new customer rather than a longstanding one who has invested a lot over the years. Or am I mistaken?

just tried some of the samples in the trial - charts look awesome - plus resizeable slideshow widgets - very nice :-)
    Last edited by trukkerz; 27 March 2012 at 10:24 PM.

pbready - I'm not sure if this would answer the call for master pages but you could set up a document that is made of master pages.

The select the master page, Edit > Copy Page, go to your new site and Edit > Paste > Paste Page. It should have the same effect.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	copy-paste.png 
Views:	165 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	88351  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    pbready - I'm not sure if this would answer the call for master pages but you could set up a document that is made of master pages.

The select the master page, Edit > Copy Page, go to your new site and Edit > Paste > Paste Page. It should have the same effect.
    Hi Gary, thanks for the response, but by master pages I meant master templates/page styles. For example, if I had a standard page layout that had three columns of text and had built several pages based on that but then changed my mind to make those two columns with a base graphic, then all pages based on that template would automatically change. Sort of repeating objects but with individual contents. As I said, like Impression's master pages ;-p

I just upgraded to WD 7 Premium last week, so I think I will pass on upgrading just sense March 19. Would have been nice to receive an email or pop up notice during my purchase that WD MX was coming in a week. Oh well.

You appear to qualify:

Period of grace upgrades: If you purchased WD V7 from Xara on or after 27th February 2012 please contact sales for your upgrade, do not order on this page.
    US ► http://www.xara.com/us/contact/
    UK ► http://www.xara.com/uk/contact/

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelpusher View Post
    Just bought the Premium version. Had to pay full price because I cannot remember my login info to get to my previous purchases (could have just paid for an upgrade.) Xara doesn't make it very easy to get in contact with them.
    Thank you! I have contacted Xara to get this resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelpusher View Post
    Just bought the Premium version. Had to pay full price because I cannot remember my login info to get to my previous purchases (could have just paid for an upgrade.) Xara doesn't make it very easy to get in contact with them.
    From what I can see it wouldn't matter if you did remember. The login page won't let you enter the e-mail and password info. I can login to support but not my account.