Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need a crystal ball, please

Hello,

I am always happy to buy all Xara products, so this isn't a money question. It's a time/practicalities question.

I need to make a new web site. If I make it in the new Web Designer MX, is it likely I will be able to open and work on it in the *future* Designer Pro versions? I am happy to pay out for both programs, but I would hate to start work on a site in MX, knowing that I won't ever be able to work on it in DP, because DP is the program I actually prefer for web design, because Xara has made me lazy and I now like everything in one place.

Does that make sense to anyone?

What happens at the moment? I have never tried to open a web designer site in DP before, and sadly don't have time today NO MATTER HOW MUCH I WISH I COULD BREAK FROM COPYWRITING, AND JUST PLAY FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS WITH ALL THE WDMX NEW FEATURES!! I so wish I could.

Sorry. It's just a bit exciting, isn't it? I mean, STYLES, guys. STYLES!!!!!!!!!!!!! And RESIZABLE WIDGETS!!!!! And EMBEDDABLE FONTS!!! And EVERYTHING!!!!!!

All advice gratefully appreciated.

Ali

Default Re: Need a crystal ball, please

Quote Originally Posted by Artyboots View Post
    Hello,

I am always happy to buy all Xara products, so this isn't a money question. It's a time/practicalities question.

I need to make a new web site. If I make it in the new Web Designer MX, is it likely I will be able to open and work on it in the *future* Designer Pro versions? I am happy to pay out for both programs, but I would hate to start work on a site in MX, knowing that I won't ever be able to work on it in DP, because DP is the program I actually prefer for web design, because Xara has made me lazy and I now like everything in one place.

Does that make sense to anyone?

What happens at the moment? I have never tried to open a web designer site in DP before, and sadly don't have time today NO MATTER HOW MUCH I WISH I COULD BREAK FROM COPYWRITING, AND JUST PLAY FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS WITH ALL THE WDMX NEW FEATURES!! I so wish I could.

Sorry. It's just a bit exciting, isn't it? I mean, STYLES, guys. STYLES!!!!!!!!!!!!! And RESIZABLE WIDGETS!!!!! And EMBEDDABLE FONTS!!! And EVERYTHING!!!!!!

All advice gratefully appreciated.

Ali
    the printing on my F5-button slowly fades away :b

Put it this way, if a Web designer document fails to open in DP we would consider it to be a bug! Having said this if you try and open a WDMX file in the current DP, you'll lose all of the new features you've used in the web file (with a message about unsupported records).

Quote Originally Posted by Luke.Hart View Post
    Put it this way, if a Web designer document fails to open in DP we would consider it to be a bug! Having said this if you try and open a WDMX file in the current DP, you'll lose all of the new features you've used in the web file (with a message about unsupported records).
    Oh, Luke. How I do love thee. But also, how thou dost smite my work ethic. I am supposed to be writing a script. Now I HAVE to go and buy MX.

I am so weak-willed, thank goodness, and fortunately you are supplying all the right excuses.

<--- overexcited Ali

PS Flysolo... in case I missed something I had all three computers open, in different browsers. You can't trust just ONE F5 key.

i opended it in chrome and ie too just to be sure :b

F5
    F5
    F5

oh, it's here. get it from xara.com.

:b