Quote Originally Posted by staggers View Post
Great, the long reply I just typed you vanished into the ether. So here's a shorter version. Will sound abrupt but don't mean to, just a bit fed up!
Only within an application, such as Xara, WordPerfect, and a few others, stagger, do I know that you can create macros to "build" or access a specific character via a predetermined key combo.

What I think your client wants is something that MS Word does as a macro. For example, I have word set up that I press F3 to turn my last typed "code characters" into a phrase, an automatic replacement, if you will. If I knew your client was using MS Word, it'd be fairly easy for me to write some macros to automatically fetch a symbol when he presses any of the function keys.

I'm thinking in order for you to cut to the chase, get a roll of white duct tape and a laundry marker, and mark up a $25 Logitech wireless keyboard, like the MK 310. Then, swapping keyboards from your specially marked up one to a normal one would take 2 seconds.

Alt, Ctrl, and Shift are somewhat reserved keys in Windows for modifying an action.

What you need is serious remapping of a keyboard, and because I'm ignorant of this sport, I'd go with the tape and a pen.

Sorry!

My Best,

Gary