Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Stats for new website from statcounter - how do i insert html code in correct pla

Terms and conditions state "You agree not to change the StatCounter.com counter code that you will insert on your site." So be careful!

Default Re: Stats for new website from statcounter - how do i insert html code in correct pla

Miko - Since the stat counter is a paid service, and does not carry advertising, I can't imagine that editing the code to make the counter invisible would be a problem.

The Terms Of Use doesn't distinguish between Free or Paid for service so I guess they apply across the board. I just thought that I would post a warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    Terms and conditions state "You agree not to change the StatCounter.com counter code that you will insert on your site." So be careful!
    I inserted statcounter without changing any code and it's invisible. When you set it up you can tick a box for it to be invisible or not.

Which would in essence then make the same code modification that Sledger suggested.

No harm, no foul!

[QUOTE=Sledger Change the above red line to;

var sc_invisible=1; .[/QUOTE]
    I've done this - but also ticked invisible originally - do I need to change it back to 0? I'm getting some stats - bu ti think its just from u guys and i know other people have been on the site.

If I do need to change - how do i get at the code - i'm scared?????

@Miko: You can set the counter as invisible or not at statcounter or simply change the flag in the code - either way. No breach.

@Jillie: '0' means off, '1' means on. IOW: '0' shows the counter and '1' doesn't.

If I do need to change - how do i get at the code
    See post#2

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    @Miko: You can set the counter as invisible or not at statcounter or simply change the flag in the code - either way. No breach.

@Jillie: '0' means off, '1' means on. IOW: '0' shows the counter and '1' doesn't.
    spot on sledger.

and jillie don't worry about changing the code. what sledger told you to amend is exactly how mine is and i used the code stat counter provided for my invisible counter.

oh you guys are so brill - tx a mille - i'm doing the site for a friend and its turning into more of an adventure than we thought - so tx for all the support and help -much appreciated

hi yes if you click on index page to make it active - then click on the blue globe (web properties) - click on page - then HTML body - you will find your code

:-)) - - - - soz couldnt email you - google playing up at mo .