Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Find Backup Files Options (just discovered)

This apparently is a Windows 7 thing, (perhaps previous versions as well) but it really helpful for Xara users looking for a backup from a specific time.

It you need to find a backup file (newer Xara products create a backup file every 10 minutes by default), go to File > Open Recent >
    Backups...

If you have been working on a file for many days and foolishly like me have not named it, it can be daunting to go through all of the backups.

I was looking for such a backup file this morning when I discovered the little drop down menu arrow next to Date Modified. If you press this you get a very helpful menu (shown in the attachment) that lets you narrow your search considerably.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	by date.png 
Views:	151 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	88256  

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Find Backup Files Options (just discovered)

Now that's a great find! There have certainly been times when I could have used this! I can confirm it is the same in Windows Vista as well, so it does apparently work with older versions of windows. The drop down arrow only shows when you mouseover the labels on the bar and you can add many more items and group or sort by these details such as file type, size, etc. Thanks for sharing this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.