Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Free handwriting fonts offer - getting annoying!

Everytime I open Xara Xtreme, I keep getting the offer of free handwriting fonts and clicking the box "Don't show again" does not make any difference. How can I get rid of this annoying pop-up please?

Default Re: Free handwriting fonts offer - getting annoying!

If the check box is not being heeded, then download the fonts and dump them if you don't want them.

I think that once you download the package the reminders will have nothing to remind you about and will go away.

If you haven't tried this, run XDP as an administrator (right-click on the shortcut, choose run as Administrator) and check the popup box.

This only needs done once (running XDP thatta way). Some registry entries don't update properly without running the app as an admin.

Mine stopped. And I refuse to sign up on a third-party site, download something, delete it, just to kill a nag screen...

Mike

Your more principled than I am, Mike.

Principled? Nah. Stubborn, yes.

I dislike nag screens for any reason. Especially in the case of applications where I also receive emails offering the same exact things...

Problem solved - thanks guys, appreciate your time in answering.

Ahhhrrrgg!!! The nag screen is back again!!!! Can anyone tell me how to delete the registry key so I can get rid of this horror once and for all?

I assume you have tried the menu choice Help | Info pop ups | Turn all off? As well as checking that annoying check box on the nag screen?

Mike

I do not know positively this is the correct registry key, but you can try it.

I assume know how to locate the registry entries for you version. In the Options\Update look for SpecialsDontShowAgain. Mine currently has a DWORD value of 0 (zero) and I do not get the Fonts popup message.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update