Hello all,

Yes, I have torn all my hair out. Yes, I have spent three days on the internet, only to find hundreds of others with this problem.

Now I am turning to the big guns.... Can anyone help? I have a new computer with Win 7 64 bit. I first started to notice that webs I made in Xara DP 7 could not find the fonts used, even though I had installed them on my new system, often repeatedly! It's not just Xara. It's a problem with all programs at different times. Sometimes a font is there, sometimes not. When I install it, quite often it doesn't show up in the Windows font manager, although when I go to install it again, it knows, and asks whether I want to overwrite it. Sometimes overwriting will bring it back to the list, but often only for that session. With a reboot I am back to square one.

I have had particular problems with Kaptiza, Bitstream and Adobe fonts, oh and not to mention Monotype. So that's ok, isn't it? LOL! The only suggestion I have had so far is to install a font manager, but I have never really understood those, and once had a bad experience in which I deleted all my system fonts by mistake, and couldn't get them back. So if I can do something without having to have a third party application, I would prefer this. Also, it seems a bit much to have to buy a font company's font manager just to use their non-working font. Seems so odd that there is no Windows fix for this.

Anyone else have disappearing fonts?

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Ali

PS incidentally, some fonts disappear completely after being installed. Others I can still see, but they have symbols in the preview, suggesting Windows can't see past encryption. But all commercial fonts are encrypted aren't they? Can't see what I can do about that.