Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Create a site like this

Is it possible to create a site like this http://www.cheapiphonerepairs.co.uk/ using Xara pro7

Thanks
    Mike
    Life's too important to be serious
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    / Dual Monitor. / Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .

Default Re: Create a site like this

I think you'd struggle. It certainly wouldn't be easy and Xara sites don't load a slickly as that one. It's an impressive site and right there with the Apple style.

Do they repair cheap phones Cheap Phone Repair)? And why is the apple logo reversed?

Mike - Give it a try. I'm more optimistic than Paul. I bet you can do something that is just as slick.

It will be interesting to see. You can tell how easy it would be by just trying to make a part of it.

There's a lot to that site.

I think the Apple logo is reversed because they aren't an official Apple repairer.

The question really was about all the features on the site .....not really about the design .....maybe i didn't explain it well........ as Paul said theres alot going on and that is my point ......will i be able to offer the same nuts and bolts if you like within Xara Pro7 and not have to get 3rd party plugins.
    Thanks for the quick replies

Mike
    Life's too important to be serious
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    / Dual Monitor. / Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .

Mike,
    There is a lot of content, but the only problem I see is with the shopping cart. Any site with a lot of content takes time to build. The layout is pretty straight forward. Give it a try and let us know what happens.

Jim

I can see that the site makes use of jQuery and it's perfectly possible to use jQuery, but it's not out of the box Xara. You'd be looking at using placeholders and extra javascript code to introduce that functionality.

In fairness to Xara, they have similar offerings to allow a similar site to be built and the site you referred to was built by someone familiar with HTML, CSS, javascript and jQuery - a more complex mix than Xara's design-led solution.

Xara's quick to learn design-led website building trades development complexity for simplicity at the cost of some flexibility. For most that's a good trade, but it's not the silver bullet that can compete with everything that's possible by knowing the underlying technologies.

The Eeycatcher widgets win WD7P/DP7 could be used if you want to create similar image slideshow effects etc as they have done in this site.

There's not one that is an exact replacement (as far as the transitions go) but the All Effects Slideshow is close...

Other than the time involved to add all the content( significant amount of time it appears )I don't see what everyone says would be so hard to do? I must be missing something. I mean that with all due respect as I don't have a fraction of the talent and knowledge some here do.

It just seems like a pretty straightforward site to me with a few outside things added( shopping cart and contact forms ). There is a slideshow widget for WD7 that would do that homepage one.

I would not hesitate to take that on but perhapps I would regret it based on what some here are saying.

I'm not sure, but I think some of the built-in Xara functions might use jQuery. The reason I say this is that when I viewed the source code of a site I built with Xara, the jQuery library has been included even though I didn't add anything that might have caused it to be included in my site.

If Xara is including the jQuery library natively, I would like to ask why this library isn't exploited to it's fullest potential with built-in functions that take advantage of it.

Then again, I might be completely off the mark....