Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi everyone.
    Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have been given a project to create a Computer Based Training App using Flash 5. The project guidelines are below:

This is a preliminary list of what we need to be able to do with Flash:

1. Present a table of contents page that groups topics into sections. The user can navigate to the first screen for any topic by selecting it from the contents page.
    2. All screens include an option to return to the table of contents page.
    3. At the end of each section, the user gets a choice to: a) go to the next section, b) review the current section again, c) take the review test for the current section.
    4. The program keeps track of the user’s score for each section, and shows it on the contents page.
    5. The program keeps track of what sections have been completed and shows that on the contents page. This is shown in the example using a check mark. (Completed is defined as every page within a topic was reviewed at least once per user.)
    6. When the user takes the section test and gets a passing score, the section is marked as completed. This is shown in the example below as a check mark beside Section I and III.

CBT Example – Table of Contents

Completed
    Section I √
    Overview topic √
    Parts of the Window topic √
    Starting and stopping topic √
    Review test for section I 100%
    Section II
    Daily tasks topic
    Weekly Tasks topic √
    Monthly Tasks topic
    Yearly Tasks topic √
    Review test for section II
    Section III √
    System Administration topic
    Utilities topic
    Security topic
    Review Test for section III √

I guess what I am having a hard time figuring out is if I will have to use some sort of database or CGI file to store certain information. And after that information is stored how to retrieve it. I am sure I can figure this out on my own but I have little experience using databases or cgi files. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and helpful to get me kickstarted on this project. Thanks in advance...

Creative Minds Distort Reality TM
    IP

Hi everyone.
    Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have been given a project to create a Computer Based Training App using Flash 5. The project guidelines are below:

This is a preliminary list of what we need to be able to do with Flash:

1. Present a table of contents page that groups topics into sections. The user can navigate to the first screen for any topic by selecting it from the contents page.
    2. All screens include an option to return to the table of contents page.
    3. At the end of each section, the user gets a choice to: a) go to the next section, b) review the current section again, c) take the review test for the current section.
    4. The program keeps track of the user’s score for each section, and shows it on the contents page.
    5. The program keeps track of what sections have been completed and shows that on the contents page. This is shown in the example using a check mark. (Completed is defined as every page within a topic was reviewed at least once per user.)
    6. When the user takes the section test and gets a passing score, the section is marked as completed. This is shown in the example below as a check mark beside Section I and III.

CBT Example – Table of Contents

Completed
    Section I √
    Overview topic √
    Parts of the Window topic √
    Starting and stopping topic √
    Review test for section I 100%
    Section II
    Daily tasks topic
    Weekly Tasks topic √
    Monthly Tasks topic
    Yearly Tasks topic √
    Review test for section II
    Section III √
    System Administration topic
    Utilities topic
    Security topic
    Review Test for section III √

I guess what I am having a hard time figuring out is if I will have to use some sort of database or CGI file to store certain information. And after that information is stored how to retrieve it. I am sure I can figure this out on my own but I have little experience using databases or cgi files. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and helpful to get me kickstarted on this project. Thanks in advance...

Creative Minds Distort Reality TM
    IP