Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default ?? Upgrade to Web Designer 7 Premium + free Template Pack 1 ??

I have 2 WD 6 and was thinking about upgrading to Web Designer 7 Premium. I see there is an offer to get Web Template Pack 1 free.

As is noted on the free offer to those who purchase Photo Designer 7
    "A copy of Xara 3D Maker 7 is included free with every new copy of Designer Pro (excludes upgrades). Ends 2nd April 2012"

it states "Upgrades Excluded"

This is the offer for WD 7 Premium (which I am looking at upgrading to)
    "A copy of Template Pack 1 is included free with every new copy of Web Designer or Web Designer Premium. Ends 22nd March 2012"

It does not state "Upgrades Excluded"

As my new project will consist of using Joomla and using a placeholder in WD6 (WD 6 has that capability), I do not really need to upgrade. I was thinking of upgrading to WD 7 Premium because of the offer for Web Template pack 1 would be included. Sadly it does not note if it is or is not included with upgrades.

The offer is only until March 22 and it is March 18.

So if I upgrade from WD6 to WD 7 Premium, do I get Template Pack 1 for free?

These are the products I own:

Menu Maker 1.1 Download
    Registration date:
    20/02/2006

Xara X1 CD
    Registration date:
    28/09/2006

Xara Xtreme Retail
    Registration date:
    06/11/2006

Webster2
    Registration date:
    19/04/2007

Xara Xtreme
    Registration date:
    24/07/2008

Xara3D 6
    Registration date:
    29/01/2011

Registration date:
    24/07/2008

Xara3D 6 CD
    Registration date:
    19/04/2007

Xara3D 6 Download
    Registration date:
    29/01/2011

Xara Xtreme 4 e-version
    Registration date:
    03/04/2009

Xara Web Designer (2 copies)
    Registration date:
    03/04/2009

Registration date:
    04/04/2009

Xara Web Designer 6 (2 copies)
    Registration date:
    07/05/2010

Registration date:
    08/06/2010

Xara Web Designer 6 Backup-CD
    Registration date:
    07/05/2010

Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 7
    Registration date:
    10/09/2011

Glad to be a part of the Xara customer base for 6 years and counting. Thanks

Default Re: ?? Upgrade to Web Designer 7 Premium + free Template Pack 1 ??

Hi
    You need to contact Xara direct http://www.xara.com and either email or perhaps phone them, (you don't say where in the world you are) and I'm sure they will help you. No one on this site works for Xara as such and although various employees do visit you're much better off contacting the company direct.
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    Hi
    You need to contact Xara direct http://www.xara.com and either email or perhaps phone them, (you don't say where in the world you are) and I'm sure they will help you. No one on this site works for Xara as such and although various employees do visit you're much better off contacting the company direct.
    Derek
    I did email Xara Sales but as it was a Saturday and I am in Florida, I suspect I would not hear from them until Monday or Tuesday. The offer ends on March 22 and it is now March 18. I was hoping that someone purchased the upgrade and either got the free Template Pack 1 or did not and could answer it before I heard back from them (Xara). Tinkering with the Demo is not the same as actually building with the product using new templates (if I get them). I have been a customer a long time and know Xara people are usually not here. I was shooting for another customer that may have gotten in on that deal as I said with an upgrade and not a full purchase. I had a different post here but opted to copy and paste the message I sent to Xara as it was more to the point.

I guess I should have stated I started a ticket to the Xara Sales just before posting here but I thought if I posted that, someone with the answer might figure, "oh well, he started a ticket and I will let them handle it". I have filed tickets and it take more than a few days to get a response. Once I was trying to purchase several licenses (about 5) of Xara Extreme 2 for a deal of $19.00 each. For some reason it would not let me make the purchase online. I tried for two days from different computers and with different credit cards. I filed a ticket and it was almost a week before I heard from them. The offer was over two days before they responded and though they offered to let me email them or call them and do it that way to still get the $19.00 deal per license. I do not like the idea of faxing, phoning or emailing credit card info, so I declined.

Tinkering with the Demo is not the same as actually building with the product using new templates (if I get them).
    Ah, but it's not a demo, the 30 day trial download is not crippled in any way. The software is not template driven at all. While templates are nice to give you layout ideas and learn from, creating your own layout design is always going to be preferable to creating a site from a template. In all likely hood you will end up with a site that looks the same as someone else's who also used the same template.

The Answer to my question is; YES! The Template Pack 1 is included free with upgrades to WD 7.

I figured I would go ahead and upgrade to find out. I liked Xara WD so much I upgraded to WD 6 when it came out and I was thinking I would like WD 7 Premium at least as much. Even if I did not get the Template Pack 1 for free, it would still be a great deal for $69.

When I received the e-mail confirmation there was a short statement in it that Template Pack was included for free and to click on the link to download it. As it would have costed $99 without the upgrade and $39 for the template pack, that is about $140 and I am only into it for $69 . So if you are thinking about upgrading to Web Designer 7 Premium, this is a good time to do it. This post I am making is on March 19 here in Florida and the offer ends March 22.