Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Tracing in Corel Draw

Hello,

I have a problem, that I can't solve. When I trace bitmap in Corel there are some spaces between colors. Am I missing some settings or? How can I solve this?

I uploaded PDF file, so you can see what is going on.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32404622/Untitled-2.pdf

Thanx.
    IP

Default Re: Tracing in Corel Draw

It has been a long time since I used CorelDRAW. But I have used a variety of bitmap tracing applications. My favorite, by the way is Vector Magic.

A bitmap tracing algorithm has to determine boundaries between colors and because of the way pixels are distributed, this is not always precise. So the software has to make a series of judgments when determining where to separate the colors.

The best way to get a sharp drawing is to use Corel's vector drawing tools and recreate the drawing as vector shapes.

Actually the attached image is a vector drawing (clip art from Xara Designer Pro) which was hand drawn, so the shapes are razor sharp and can be scaled up or down without any loss of sharpness or quality.

I made a bitmap at 24dpi to show how it looks as pixels.

Any bitmap tracing program has to look at those pixels and decide where to draw the boundaries. And it is at best a very inexact science.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pixels.png 
Views:	397 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	87997  
    IP