Since Juergens recent post seeking comments on his new site is not the first time this forum has been asked to comment on designers latest creations, the thought occurred to me that perhaps this type of thread was misplaced here, and ought to be in the Web Design and publishing area.

I popped over to said forum, and fairly quickly realised why Juergens posted here - Theres no life left over there! I mean the place is like deserted. Design - last post Sept 21st. Site feedback - last post Sept 7th. Freelancing - last post, oh forget it, there's only been 3 posts in the whole of September!

So it seems clear, if you want comments on your latest site, seek them here.

So I propose, to any moderators/administrators looking in, that the web design forums are closed. This will introduce minimal extra traffic in here, and also remove any guilt feelings from the members here should they wish to get feedback on site designs from those of us who are still very active. Ie actually get some feedback.

This forum I notice (by contrast to Freelancers) has over one and a half pages of September posts. Have we sad people got nothing better to do - I jest [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I duplicated my recent query about the rollover buttons in the web area but it turned out to be a waste of time. Here I had trouble keeping up with replies, which eventually led to a solution.

I mean its just pointless having a room with people in it if no one is going to say anything.

Whereas here, at times, it is hard to make yourself heard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Oh well there we go - made a change from playing with Xara (briefly).

Alan