Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Objects only moving set amount of pixels

First time poster... I recently encountered a problem that I can't solve. I've had it before and managed to solve it but can't find the option this time.

Somehow I must have activated an option to only be able to move any object a certain distance at a time. For example, I have a circle that I want in a certain position but I can not move it there with my mouse. Instead it insists on moving 18,9 pixels in any given direction whenever I'm moving it with my mouse. To get a specific position I have to enter its position manually. What "stupid" option have I accidentally enabled?

Default Re: Objects only moving set amount of pixels

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Check to see if Snap to Grid is enabled. (Window menu or right click on the page).

If not then go to Page Options and see if you have changed the Mouse > Magnetic Snap Radii settings.

I just checked my settings which have never been changed and they are Point: 5.76px and Line: 4.16px

Let us know if these don't help.

Welcom e to TalkGraphics, SecarEht!

Just change the Nudge value. Utilities>Options>General (tab)>Nudge
    Note: "Ctrl" and "Shift" increase the nudge distance by five and ten times, respectively.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nudge.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	88064
    ~Fred

I have just also checked my Mouse / Magnetic Snap Radii which is also never changed, at my computer it is 6,05px for Point and 4,16px at Line, so maybe this parameter depends on the screen resolution or something

Gary is on the right track; snapping point and not nudge. Don't know why I was thinking 'nudge',
    ~Fred