Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Corel Draw X5 import preview

Hi.

I stumbled upon your forum tonight while looking into a problem I am having with my Corel Draw X5.

You all seem to know your stuff so I joined to pick your brains.

I have been using Corel Draw since version 3. For some reason I have always found the odd numbered versions to be better than the even numbered ones.

I just updated to X5 from 11 and am having an issue.
    When I import a picture for some reason I do not see the picture in the import frame or the preview. I only see the generic icon.

They are nothing special. Just regular JPG files that are not corrupt or modified. I have tried with numerous different files. No luck?

I see them in my Photoshop previews, and with picassa previews. If I right click on the file and ask for a preview it opens up picassa and shows the picture.
    Very odd.

My break down is as follows:
    Win 7 32 bit ( I just upgraded a week ago from XP)
    Corel Draw X5
    4 megs of ram
    Nvidia card 7300

Does anyone here have an idea? Can you help?
    While this is not a major issue (just a pain) any help will be greatly apperciated.

Thanks.
    Scott
    IP

Default Re: Corel Draw X5 import preview

Hi Scott and welcome to the forum. As you can see from my attachment, things seem OK here (except for the .psd file). Possibly a Windows setting causing the problem? Wiser heads than mine are sure to be along to help ere long.
    I reckon you're right about the odd-numbered releases being better than the even ones.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	import.png 
Views:	422 
Size:	193.8 KB 
ID:	87954  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Thanks for the reply.
    I was looking at the problem from the wrong direction. I was thinking it was a Corel issue.
    Your post gave me the clue that it may have been a Windows problem.

Since I am new to Windows 7, I just upgraded from Xp and I use Linux 95% of the time.
    I did a search and found this http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rextang/arch...7/9886672.aspx

It gave me my answer and all is working great now.
    Thanks for the help.
    IP

Good detective work - glad you have sorted it out.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP