Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug Webstyle 3 and Windows 7 don't work together. Any solutions available?

Hi all together,
    I've seen, that this question was asked before, in December, but ended up in some... hm... discussion, deleted entries and so on... and in the end was left without answer or solution...

So - here it's me now, having the problem, that I can't install my Xara, after my upgrade on windows 7.
    It says: XARA cannot run because it cannot register the some DLL file.

Is there a solution, patch, download available or what is necessary, to solve this problem?
    I didn't find any on the Xara Website, so I'm hoping for your skills here...

Regards - Birgit

Default Re: Webstyle 3 and Windows 7 don't work together. Any solutions available?

Hi Birget,

When you put the CD in the drive a dialog will open asking what to do.

Select to View rather than allow the RunCD to run.

Right click on Setup that will be Setup.exe if you allow file extension to be shown. When the right click dialog open select Run as administrator. This will allow the dll files to be registered. After installation is complete run the program by right clicking the desktop icon and selecting Run as administrator, you only need to do this once.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	webstyle3-w7.png 
Views:	798 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	87949  
    Last edited by Soquili; 08 March 2012 at 11:10 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: Webstyle 3 and Windows 7 don't work together. Any solutions available?

Hi Soquili,

PERFECT ! Thanks a lot!

Glad I could help.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Hi Birget,

When you put the CD in the drive a dialog will open asking what to do.

Select to View rather than allow the RunCD to run.

Right click on Setup that will be Setup.exe if you allow file extension to be shown. When the right click dialog open select Run as administrator. This will allow the dll files to be registered. After installation is complete run the program by right clicking the desktop icon and selecting Run as administrator, you only need to do this once.
    that was really great! i think upgrading OS really has issues. but what taught really the exact answer to the problem. i also upgraded mine to windows 7 ultimate and i also encountered the same problem. but now i already know what to do. thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Hinally View Post
    that was really great! i think upgrading OS really has issues. but what taught really the exact answer to the problem. i also upgraded mine to windows 7 ultimate and i also encountered the same problem. but now i already know what to do. thanks for the help!
    Hi Hinally—

Seeing as this is your first post as a new member, and your post is totally off-topic, may I ask why you just jumped into this thread without a clue as to what's going on? And the last post on this thread is four years old?

You can post an answer to my post right her in the next 48 hours.

Decline, and one of the Moderators will do the obvious thing.

Regards,

Gary