I have an intranet for work that we host on our server (F://intranet/). In this intranet, I have forms and documents that we use regularly.

Okay, then I have Xara to create our company's website, which is hosted at GoDaddy. I have come to understand that when I create a website with Xara, it saves it to my computer (not our network server) and then when I link to files (that I want website visitors to have access to) on our intranet, Xara copies those files to my computer as support files (C:ProgramData/Xara/Xara Web Designer 6/Default/ourwebsite_web_files).

Then, when I publish our website, Xara creates an exported site to our server at F://ourwebsite. This is presumably a back up?

So here's my question: When I update one of our intranet documents, where should I save it so that the next time I publish the website, Xara will realize that the doc has been updated and then publish it. It seems easiest to save it to our intranet, because that is the source, but it never updates on my published website. Do I need to delete the document from the working file on my computer so that Xara once again searches out the link to our intranet and then publishes an updated version? I'm trying to streamline this process as much as possible. What is the most efficient way to do this?

Oh and one other question: is there a way to have the working file NOT build on my computer, but on our server instead? Our server is the only device that is backed up daily. Or is the exported file on our server adequate? Can I import that file back to my pc if my pc crashes?