Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara cuts out/off photos

I put photos into photoalbum but Xara cuts photos automatically and they donīt look the same as they should-ex.they missing edges. How to use ready album frames,where and what to change(is it possible?) that the size of the photos will be as originals?
    Please pay attention-this is not about to resize photo inside Xara.
    Any help appreciate.

Default Re: Xara cuts out/off photos

Miramar, you post an example or a file of the problem?

If you don't want to resize the photo then resize the frame to fit the photo including the mats, that is unless you don't want any of the mats. I hope this helps or am I totally misunderstanding.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hello Miramar,

First which version of Xara software are you using? I had a quick look at the Photoalbum site, you should be able to bring your photo into Xara and export it as a jpeg at 200 dpi as Photoalbum suggests without problem. If like jclements said you can post a file that shows the problem, and let us know which version of Xara you are using we can be more helpful.

Also, (again depending on which version you have) Xara can be a perfect digital scrapbooking software all by it's self.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

If you drop a photo onto another photo, unless the aspect ratio is proportionate, Xara will crop to either the height of width of the dropped photo to fit within the photo being replaced.

If you want to maintain the aspect ratio of the photo, then you need to resize the photo proportionately to a thumbnail size and use the Popup Photo option in Website Properties > Image menu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-dropped.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	87915  

Thanks very much for answers. I was affraid that as wizard509 says,itīs not possible to do it automatically,you need to resize photo or frame,thatīs what I canīt do because photos(of oil paintings) have different measurements. The goal was to put them exactly in the same frames to keep nice look and not to misresize originals. You canīt resize them-itīll always leave empty spaces inside frames. And paintings are not for scrapbook unfortunatelly.
    Many thanks!

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

What version of Xara are you using? If your version has the content aware photo resize option that may help. Both Designer Pro 7 and Photo &Graphics Designer 7 have this feature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

As does Web Designer 7 Premium

Pro7. Where to find content aware photo resize option?
    I misunderstand something or you just donīt follow-I donīt want to resize photo.I want to keep the same measurements of the photo to fit inside frame-and that is not possible without stretching one or another way the photo,which in that case loosing correct measurements.I think we talking two different issues,maybe Íīm wrong.

I canīt do because photos(of oil paintings) have different measurements. The goal was to put them exactly in the same frames to keep nice look and not to misresize originals.
    Well, clearly if the frame has one aspect ratio and your photo has another, then you can't get conformity without deformity.
    Those photos which don't match the same aspect ratio as the frame will simply have to be cropped, no other option except to make your own frames to suit I'm afraid.