Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Flame wars, Scorched Earth, or Civil Discussion

You choose.

ok here are the ground rules. If anyone chooses to start a flame war, I am now putting you on notice. I will annhilate the offending post. I don't care if 99.9% of that post was gem of information.

If you tack on a "nyah nyah" a the end of (or even the beginning or middle of) that gem, you have opened it to be targeted by the moderator. And I will torch it into oblivion. If I am not watching for a length of time and come back to find a full blown flame war raging in my forum --- Don't be surprised if the next second you find the entire thread annihilated. . . . . ...Wiped off the face of the forum.

I don't like people dripping acid on my forum floor. I don't like people dripping venom in their posts. And I don't like people standing behind this forum as if it were a wall of protection behind which wall they feel that they can safely lob flaming missiles to others outside the wall.

No more

"nyah nyah I got you. I told you so."

or anything of that nature. If this seems unclear --- just try me. I may even dig into a person's post to root out the offending comments. But more likely than not --- I will take Occam's Razor and slice the post out. Occam's Razor says that the simplest solution is the best

So if you value your postings, don't tack on any little barbs laced with venom or dripping with acid. I may prove to be judicious. I may prove to be arbitrary. Do you really want to find out the hard way which way I will go?

I really only want to see civil discussion here. Civil discussion is a broad and ambiguous phrase and I don't have the time at the moment to define it. So instead of trying to define what I do want in the forum, I hope this post clarifies what I don't want. Since I am a volunteer moderator (read not paid to moderate). I don't have time to put out the fires. I won't chase things down and try to unruffle feathers. I consider my position as moderator of this forum a trust that I-US gave to me and Xara has continued to extend that trust to me. I extend that trust to all of you. If anyone chooses to violate my trust, you may consider yourself warned.

Ok let me also state that I will not go through and annihilate any and all posts you have ever made. Just the ones that are lobbing flame missiles. (unless every single post you make in this forum is just a vial of greek fire waiting to be dropped. that could happen although to date, I have not seen it happen in anyone's collection of posts)

This topic will be locked. I don't want to encourage cheers or jeers. I am just stating the facts so people know what to expect. Please, if I annihilate one of your masterpieces, don't take it personally. I'll try to annihilate with an even hand. I once thought the scorched earth policy was so horrible to destroy historic buildings and valuable resources just to thwart the enemy. . . .I am not afraid to use this.

Athena

[This message was edited by T. Athena Hatton on August 29, 2001 at 18:09.]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Flame wars, Scorched Earth, or Civil Discussion

You choose.

ok here are the ground rules. If anyone chooses to start a flame war, I am now putting you on notice. I will annhilate the offending post. I don't care if 99.9% of that post was gem of information.

If you tack on a "nyah nyah" a the end of (or even the beginning or middle of) that gem, you have opened it to be targeted by the moderator. And I will torch it into oblivion. If I am not watching for a length of time and come back to find a full blown flame war raging in my forum --- Don't be surprised if the next second you find the entire thread annihilated. . . . . ...Wiped off the face of the forum.

I don't like people dripping acid on my forum floor. I don't like people dripping venom in their posts. And I don't like people standing behind this forum as if it were a wall of protection behind which wall they feel that they can safely lob flaming missiles to others outside the wall.

No more

"nyah nyah I got you. I told you so."

or anything of that nature. If this seems unclear --- just try me. I may even dig into a person's post to root out the offending comments. But more likely than not --- I will take Occam's Razor and slice the post out. Occam's Razor says that the simplest solution is the best

So if you value your postings, don't tack on any little barbs laced with venom or dripping with acid. I may prove to be judicious. I may prove to be arbitrary. Do you really want to find out the hard way which way I will go?

I really only want to see civil discussion here. Civil discussion is a broad and ambiguous phrase and I don't have the time at the moment to define it. So instead of trying to define what I do want in the forum, I hope this post clarifies what I don't want. Since I am a volunteer moderator (read not paid to moderate). I don't have time to put out the fires. I won't chase things down and try to unruffle feathers. I consider my position as moderator of this forum a trust that I-US gave to me and Xara has continued to extend that trust to me. I extend that trust to all of you. If anyone chooses to violate my trust, you may consider yourself warned.

Ok let me also state that I will not go through and annihilate any and all posts you have ever made. Just the ones that are lobbing flame missiles. (unless every single post you make in this forum is just a vial of greek fire waiting to be dropped. that could happen although to date, I have not seen it happen in anyone's collection of posts)

This topic will be locked. I don't want to encourage cheers or jeers. I am just stating the facts so people know what to expect. Please, if I annihilate one of your masterpieces, don't take it personally. I'll try to annihilate with an even hand. I once thought the scorched earth policy was so horrible to destroy historic buildings and valuable resources just to thwart the enemy. . . .I am not afraid to use this.

Athena

[This message was edited by T. Athena Hatton on August 29, 2001 at 18:09.]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP