Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default IE 9 behaving badly .....in DP7

I have a website designed in DP7 with a Contact page to an email address. Clicking on the link works fine and opens my email compose program in every browser EXCEPT in IE9.
    In IE9 it opens a new browser window that says that "Navigation to this page was cancelled"- "Retype address". It then goes on to open my email compose program as normal. The email works OK but I am left with the browser window that has to be closed to get back to my website. I should point out that this only happens when previewing the page using IE9 from within DP7. In real life it works OK. It is a bit annoying to spend time trying to resolve a problem that only exists in DP7 which of course continues to look like a problem until you have actually exported and published what appears to be a problem page. Is this a bug in the DP7 rendition of IE?

Default Re: IE 9 behaving badly .....in DP7

It's likely one of a couple things. First, is this a live site (i.e., on thr web)? If you are previewing the HTML output on a local computer, IE security is probably the issue. Try putting the site on the web and testing again in this case.

Second, do you have IE set to use a default mail client application?

In any case, for any one else to check the problem, the site needs to be live in order for us to check the problem out. We would need a URL for that.

Take care, Mike

OOPs...didn't read fully. So the first option is the issue. You can alter IE's security settings, but it will affect viewing on the internet as well.

Hi MWenz,
    No, as I said, this only happens within the preview page of DP7. Everything is OK on the web using any of the 5 browsers. My point is that it is annoying that DP7 is throwing up non existent problems.

My edit recognizes that I didn't read your post fully.

But the first paragraph is correct. It is *not* DP7 causing the issue. It is IE. Your security settings in IE doesn't like local scripts firing off processes to local applications. It is, to repeat, IE having the issue. You can change the behavior in IE's security settings.

Mike

I'm still not sure if you are using the preview window or having clicked on the IE icon within the preview window.

The normal preview available within a Xara application is not IE9 but is the WebBrowser Control available with Microsoft's Visual Studio and/or one of the component languages that make up Visual Studio.

Typically the control functions the same as an older version of IE, but it should not result in the error message you are getting. Can you attach a .xar/.web file for us to examine for a possible cause of the problem?
    Last edited by Soquili; 06 March 2012 at 02:07 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update