Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Simple? hang-ups with Corel Draw x5

I am trying to manipulate shapes with little success. Neither Cntrl nor Shift keeps the original shape, when trying to alter the shape using the shape tool and nodes.

Also, I'm trying to delete one segment of a polygon, but can't figure out how to do that. I'm sure the answers must be simple, but I can't get it to work.
    IP

Default Re: Simple? hang-ups with Corel Draw x5

Holding down the Ctrl key when moving an object constrains it with CorelDraw X5 for me.
    To remove a node from a polygon, select it and go to the Arrange Menu>Convert To Curves.
    Use the Select Tool (F10) to select a node, then press the Delete key.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shape tool.jpg 
Views:	631 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	87803  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Thanks for the response. Cntrl and Shift work to constrain the object while re-sizing when it is just selected, normally. But I want to be able to re-size a pentagon--making the 'base' thinner and the 'top' wider. I selected it with the shape tool so that I could work on individual sections, but when I try to drag a node, the edges of the entire shape misform. I'm not sure how to re-shape a shape.
    IP

Oh, I found it. I had to convert the object to curves, then select the shape tool.

Thanks again!
    IP