Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Bitmap fills

Every time I try to apply a bitmap fill to an object, I feel like my hands are tied in Xara. I can't find any options to manipulate the fill once it's been applied to an object, such as rotating, scaling up/down, repositioning, etc.

I seem to recall having this capability in CD9.

Am I missing something here?

joroho
    Wise men still seek Him.

Every time I try to apply a bitmap fill to an object, I feel like my hands are tied in Xara. I can't find any options to manipulate the fill once it's been applied to an object, such as rotating, scaling up/down, repositioning, etc.

I seem to recall having this capability in CD9.

Am I missing something here?

joroho
    Wise men still seek Him.

Hi Joroho

(I can't find any options to manipulate the fill once it's been applied to an object, such as rotating, scaling up/down, repositioning, etc.)

In response to you post, I've attached a graphic that should help you. Once you drop the bitmap image onto your object from the bitmap gallery, click on the fill tool. You can either grab the ends and adjust, or use your arrow keys. I hope this helps you.

Joan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wtp.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	14585  

Joan,

I KNEW there was something I was missing (and it was even more obvious than I thought!).

Thanks.

Embarrassed,

joroho
    Wise men still seek Him.

Is there a non-interactive way of setting these properties that I've missed? The draggable points are impossible to position exactly.</p>

I've often wanted to set the scaling/position of the fill image directly through an input field, but there's clearly not enough room on the fill toolbar to fit such a control.</p>

At least a 'return to natural scaling' option would be useful. Or is there something there I just overlooked?</p>