Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Question about Photo and Graphic 7...

I've owned Xara Web Designer 6 and now 7 Premium for a while now, but am just finally getting around to using it. Lack of time has kept me using another package for projects till I could get time to dig into Web Designer - it's been sitting on the shelf for quite a while now.

Anyway, I finally started getting into it and like it well enough to change over from the 'other' system. In keeping with that, I also ordered Photo and Graphic Designer 7 to try out for the graphics/image work. It just arrived and I got it installed.

Thing is, Photo and Graphic Designer 7 seems to be nearly identical to Web Designer 7 Premium. Same screen, same basic toolbars, same menus (even down to Web Properties). I brought them both up on side-by-side monitors for comparison. My question is, does Web Designer have everything Photo and Graphic Designer has? Are they basically the same package? Without really getting deep into the systems it appears they are. And if that's the case, was it a waste to buy Photo and Graphic Designer?

I admit I don't know much about them yet, so I'm just asking people who do know. Thanks...

Default Re: Question about Photo and Graphic 7...

No, in the Web Design department P&GD7 is more akin to Web Designer version 6. For example, there are no page and layer transitons, no Presentations no place for <head> code in the Page, Website or Placeholder areas and more besides.

For websites alone, stick with WD7 Premium.
    P&GD7 does give you a few more more drawing tools (and can use Adobe plugins) and photo tools like 'Levels'.

Default Re: Question about Photo and Graphic 7...

Thanks sledger. I was going to keep using WD7 Premium for the sites, but on a cursory once-over it looked like WD7 did just about everything P&GD7 did as far as image and graphics work. Thought maybe I wasted the money on P&GD7. Good to know there's more to it than that, I'll dig a little further. Appreciate the reply...