Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to change the backround stripes from green to pink?

http://belerosemedia.com/header.jpg

I know it is quite easy to do in Photoshop, but I forgot how to do this. I want to replace green backround in the top image to darker and lighter pink stripes to match the color of the website. Can you tell me how would you do that (step by step, if possible, to avoid confusion).

Thank you

# # #

I've been going in the direction of:

1) Select color range (Pick green and just + the other shades of green to it)
    2) Create Clipping mask from the Selection (I actually have all the green backround on white and nothing else on the screen, but I am kind of stuck at this point)
    IP

Default Re: How to change the backround stripes from green to pink?

hi welcome:

open your image in PS
    make a new layer - fill that layer with pink and change its blending mode to 'hue'
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I actually did that, and I was able to get closer to how I want it to look, but the thing is that I would like to have exactly the same color hex codes as I have on the website on the bottom (lighter corresponding to the bottom left part of the website, and darker to the stripe above it, and below the header). The best way to do that would be probably to invert the colors in the sky (darker pink - change to lighter pink, lighter pink change to darker pink) and just blend the left and right part of the header with the already existing background color (I would like to stick to that color too, thats why), that way it would look more natural, like the picture would be actually part of the header color etc.

I'll be trying different things, and see if I can get there or not (I actually want to use the same picture on different websites too, and just keep changing the background color of the sky, matching the new colors on the website - like dark blue, maybe black etc). Thats what I was able to get with the Hue method that you described: http://belerosemedia.com/

Thank you.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    hi welcome:

open your image in PS
    make a new layer - fill that layer with pink and change its blending mode to 'hue'
    But when I do it this way, I change the colors in the entire picture, and thats not what I want. In the best case scenario, I would like to be able to get exactly the same hex codes for pink in the sky, as on the website underneath it (pink on the bottom left and right of the page, and a color of the stripe above it), and even make the dark green sky - light pink, and ligh green sky - dark pink. If I would be able to get to that point the picture would match the pink background color that I set on the header (lighter pink that I want to use - so the sky would be part of the header background) - I think that would give the best effect, but I am not sure how to get there.... I know it's possible though...
    IP

well yes - you can draw a mask round the rays - then use the color replacer
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

As handrawn advised use the Color replace tool, I used a duplicate layer mask then a quick brush stroke over the rainbow to bring back the correct colours. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snap_2012.03.03_08h31m13s_001.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	87767Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snap_2012.03.03_08h34m02s_003.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	87768
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
    As handrawn advised use the Color replace tool, I used a duplicate layer mask then a quick brush stroke over the rainbow to bring back the correct colours.
    Thanks. I tried this method, and it is really good, but I am trying to get something like I have on http://belerosemedia.com/ (the left and right part of the sky matches the header's background color, and the rest of the websites. I was able to get that by extracting the sky with Color Range, and just painting individual sections one by one (after making selections with Polygonal Lasso Tool, so the lines remained straight). I WAS NOT able to preserve the stars though, so getting something like I have on the website, combined with your method would be the perfect solution. I am still not sure how to get there...
    Last edited by jtt89; 03 March 2012 at 10:54 PM.
    IP

have you tried selecting them with the magic wand and copy/paste onto your new image? - I used tolerance 50, noncontiguous, for a quick example
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	headerp copy.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	87805  
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I tried this one, but I am not sure if this is the best way to do that. I kind of have a solution in the back of my head, but I left it for some other things right now. Another think that can be done is to put a Solid Color Layer on the top, change the blend mode to Hue and paint it with pink. That would change the color of the sky to pink, so there is no green colors around the sky left, like on the picture above. I also tried extracting the sky with Color range, and selecting individual sections of the sky, and then using Change Color on every section, but that did not work out very well...

I dont know, still need to come back to it, but if somebody has any ideas I uploaded the original (green sky here: http://belerosemedia.com/original.psd). I am trying to get colors to look just like on the http://belerosemedia.com/ , but with the stars (so basically colors matching the website, and dark sections of the sky change to lighter, and lighter to darker)

Thank you.
    IP