Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: loading a gif

Default Re: loading a gif

It would be nice if 3D6 could do it, but a gif animation editor is the only way I can find to make the background animated.

After making the spinning effect in 3D6 and exporting as a gif with a transparent background, it was easily resized, copied, and pasted into this existing gif animation using a third party editor.

I don't know if XaraXtreme can do this or not, perhaps someone else can comment...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That's pretty cool lwc. While I am a Xara guy, there are times when it is necessary to use other software to help out, as you are finding out. Don't get me wrong Xara does what it does very well and is a pleasure to use, but there are times.... Could Xtteme do that, possibly, but it sure would require a lot of work. So however you did that sounds like a good solution.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

You can use Xara Designer Pro or Photo & Graphic Designer to combine two animations, as I mentioned in post #4 in this thread.

Import the animation you want to use as the background.
    Import an animation with transparency to be used over the background animation.
    Copy frame by frame from the transparency animation and paste them into the frames of the background animation.

It is easiest if you have the same number of frames in both animations. However, you can improvise if needed with a little inventiveness.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thank you Bill, when I said it would require a lot of work, that's what I was thinking. Depending on the number of frames or course. I did something almost similar at one time, where I wanted a name to rotate and get bigger and bigger to appear like it was moving forward. I did it but that really was a lot of work.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

the pic on the left has the spinning discs and writing is pulsating. the background is moving like a riplle effect on the moon's reflection.

the pic on the right is a moving video of a woman running on the beach and has spinning disc in front. this one the woman told me she did in xara and jasc. i have jasc, but haven't figured out how she did it yet.

thanks everyone...i'll keep trying

lwc thats great.....thats what i was talking about, having movement behind the spinning 3d.

[QUOTE=3dnewbie;433851
    the pic on the right is a moving video of a woman running on the beach and has spinning disc in front. this one the woman told me she did in xara and jasc. i have jasc, but haven't figured out how she did it yet.[/QUOTE]
    I see no animation on the one on the right.
    Also I understood what you are trying to do.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Jasc was the company that created Paint Shop Pro before Corel bought them.

While Jasc was still developing PSP they included the Jasc Animator application. Corel dropped the Animator application from development.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Jasc was the company that created Paint Shop Pro before Corel bought them.

While Jasc was still developing PSP they included the Jasc Animator application. Corel dropped the Animator application from development.
    Jasc's "Animation Shop" is what I use. I've had it for about 12 years now. It was available from Corel for a few years, but they no longer show it on their website
    as an available product. It is however, still available as "freeware".

Thank you for that information, I'll have to try that out.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509