Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How do I remove the padding or spacing from the top of the website or page?

Hi everyone, I have had great help in the past. I have another question, How do I remove the padding or spacing at the top of the website / page?
    or is there a way to view the html code and edit the code there? thanks for the help Melissa

Default Re: How do I remove the padding or spacing from the top of the website or page?

Hi Melissa

Put the following code into the "head" section on your pages (Web Properties | Website | Head) Adjust as required.

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
      #xr_xr {
     margin-top: -15px;
     }
      </style>

Default Re: How do I remove the padding or spacing from the top of the website or page?

Hi Drwyd, thanks for the quick response, I added the code, but now need to make a change to the spacing... and when I bring up the web properties the code is missing. do I have to insert the adjusted code each time or
    is there a way to view the html code, perhaps in an editor or thru the software? thanks Melissa

Did you click on the Apply button?

Hi everyone, yes Miko thanks for the tip, I also just tired using the website preview then went into the source code and made the changes to code for each page which looked really great and corrected the problem, but after going back into the software area and saved the website just to be sure everything was saved then went back into the preview area and the spacing is back to the where it was before starting, how can I make changes in the source code and not have xara restore them back to
    before making the changes? just added to the same post , When I added the code in head area that drwyd hold me to do, I did change the header from 15 to 5px and saved reloaded the website in the preview just it didn't change the spacing.
    just wanted to mention. thanks melissa
    Last edited by melissaartist1; 28 February 2012 at 07:05 PM.

I added the code in head area that drwyd hold me to do, I did change the header from 15 to 5px and saved and reloaded the website in the preview but didn't change the spacing.
    just wanted to mention. thanks melissa

Hi Melissa

To change the margin on a single page use (Web Properties | Page | Head)

For the entire site use (Web Properties | Website | Head)

see attached.

N.B. Don't forget to press apply before moving on from the dialogue or it won't stick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	melissa.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	201.3 KB 
ID:	87647  

Hi everyone, I have done this again three times the way you showed me in the last post, I can't figure out why it still won't work.
    it's so simple.... thanks melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    Hi Melissa

To change the margin on a single page use (Web Properties | Page | Head)

For the entire site use (Web Properties | Website | Head)

see attached.

N.B. Don't forget to press apply before moving on from the dialogue or it won't stick.
    I tried your solution (adding style code to the head section of the document) and I still have the problem. Enclosed is a screenshot of
    the space issue. I also viewed the web page in firefox using the f12 (preview webpage) in Xara. As you can see, the code you suggested
    using is in the HTML but the space issue is still a problem. I suspect, the <DIV CLASS> after the body tag is overriding the style tag you suggested. This is confirmed by the fact I can save the page and modify it manually using notepad- the space works fine.

Before change:
    <div class="xr_ap" id="xr_xr" style="width: 957px; height: 980px; top:132px; left:50%; margin-left: -479px;">
    After Change:
    <div class="xr_ap" id="xr_xr" style="width: 957px; height: 980px; top:10px; left:50%; margin-left: -479px;"> Top changed to 10.

Is there a way to do this change from within Xara without having to use notepad manually?

Thanks, Melissa

Enclosed Image with code showing in screenshot:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara_screenshot.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	87653

Are you sure that your 'page' isn't just higher than your content?

Just go to line view (Window>>Quality>>Outlines) and check this possibility.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-02-29_142738.png 
Views:	106 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	87656