Thread: 3d photo

Default Re: 3d photo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13.gif 
Views:	175 
Size:	278.5 KB 
ID:	87583 got that bit done emma

That's fine, you've adjusted the extrusion of the text. Did you change the animation to Rotate?.
    If you adjust the line size to zero, both the text and the oval should be centred on each other.

Mike

hi the animation is moving in swing 1 and sorry what u mean size to zero ? emma

In the Swing 1 dialogue, is the Angle section ticked? In mine, if that isn't ticked, the swing only works in one direction, it doesn't swing back, and it swings a full 180 degrees.
    I didn't know it would do that. Anyway, to centre the text and oval, the spacing between lines has to be reduced to 0. That setting is on the top menu bar, second from the right. It is normally at 80 by default. As I said, Xara3d is a text-based application, and originally you could only type text into it. The only major change from the early versions was the ability to import non-text shapes created in other applications, as long as they were vector-based in .wmf or .xar format.

Xara3d still lays out all its objects as if they were characters on a page, and so there are options to change the spacing between characters on the same line, (Tracking), and between characters on adjacent lines, (Line Size). You can also shrink or expand characters relative to each other, and select different fonts for them. You can separate two adjacent characters by typing a space between them. You can also have multiple pages, and have Xara3d step between them in sequence. This is what the Step animation really is, and unlike the other animations, you can select an animation like Rotate for the file, and still automaticlly Step between pages.

So you can create several different animations, (all Rotate1, say), each on their own page in the same file, and Xara3d will run the animation through one cycle on page 1, then Step to page 2 and run the animation on that for one cycle, and so on.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

hi i really cant work out how to get the square to move in front like the Amore Elite image. emma

That is because the Amore Elite was built up with two separate animations then one was superimposed over the other. The superimposing was done outside of Xara3D, possibly in XaraXtreme or one of its earlier or later versions.

If you try to combine everything within Xara3d, all objects will sit in the same plane, all at the origin or zero point of the z-axis, the front-to-back direction. The only way to separate such objects along this axis is with the Ripple animation, operating along the z-axis. But as soon as you choose Ripple, you unchoose Rotate. This is why I know the Amore Elite image had to have been merged outside of Xara3d.

Mike

i'll try again tomorrow cos ive been trying all day emma

Very good 3D photo animated
    sumithranom

hi i still cant work it out

OK, Emma, which bit is giving you problems? How far can you get?

Mike